Liverpool Season: 2021-22

League, no question for me. I’ll gladly sacrifice a domestic cup final for three points in that game.

2 Likes

Villa Game will have to be rescheduled but also if the semi final is on Sunday 17th they will have to move the United game from Tuesday to Wednesday or Thursday.

Busy month ahead. This is what the lads all work for though, they should be well happy with this and well up for every game, because if you’re not then what’s the point? After this international break there can be no more excuses, no more hiding places. It’s balls to the wall from then until the end of the season, and every one of them needs to have the balls to fucking win everything that’s on offer. The chance to have your names etched in history being part of a team achievement that can literally NEVER be bettered, it should be a literal dream for all of our squad. Fucking do it, lads. End all of the arguments for all eternity.

9 Likes
  • Watford (H) – Saturday, April 2, 12.30pm
  • Benfica (A) – Tuesday, April 5, 8pm
  • Man City (A) – Sunday, April 10, 4.30pm
  • Benfica (H) – Wednesday, April 13, 8pm
  • ** Manchester City - FA Cup 16th April
  • Man United (H) – Tuesday, April 19, 8pm
  • Everton (H) – Sunday, April 24, 4.30pm
  • [Bayern Munich] *** Potential CL Semi-final First Leg – April 27 8pm
  • Newcastle (A) – Saturday, April 30, 12.30pm
  • [Bayern Munich] *** Potential CL Semi-final First Leg – May 4th 8pm
  • Spurs (A) – Saturday, May 7, 3pm

Thats 11 games in 35 days. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

At least 12 and potentially 16 games until the end of the season.

We have a few players who will have to start every one of those games if they are not Injured.

Alisson, VvD, Trent (when he returns) and Salah (because we have to real backup for him).

Hendo and Fab will also start most games together but it should be possible to give each of them a rest for one or two games.

1 Like

At least we have two easy home games in the middle of April :wink:

1 Like

Will the shit Anfield pitch take another run of three games in a week (19th-27th)?

2 Likes

I’m more concerned about the shit that will be on the pitch during those dates rather than the pitch itself.

2 Likes

The stars are aligning for 2 things to happen:

1. Chelsea to lose 3 finals to us in one season.
  2. Origi to come on to score the winner against City in the league, only to celebrate like it was just a tap-in against Salford City or some shit team like that.
2 Likes

Accumulated minutes till March 20

Alisson: 38 games, 3420 minutes
Kelleher: eight games, 750 minutes
Adrián: one game, 90 minutes

Trent: 35 games, 3135 minutes
Robertson: 34 games, 2848 minutes
Tsimikas: 20 games, 1397 minutes

VVD: 38 games, 3450 minutes
Matip: 33 games, 2866 minutes
Konaté: 19 games, 1558 minutes
Gomez: 15 games, 710 minutes

Henderson: 41 games, 2900 minutes
Fabinho: 35 games, 2783 minutes
AOC: 29 games, 1525 minutes
Thiago: 24 games, 1313 minutes
Keïta: 25 games, 1310 minutes
Curtis: 22 games, 1301 minutes
Milner: 30 games, 1044 minutes
Morton: nine games, 544 minutes
Elliott: ten games, 520 minutes

Salah: 36 games, 3031 minutes
Díaz: 40 games, 2972 minutes/ 12 games, 700 minutes
Mané: 36 games, 2804 minutes
Jota: 39 games, 2691 minutes
Firmino: 26 games, 1445 minutes
Minamino: 23 games, 917 minutes
Origi: 14 games, 533 minutes
Gordon: four games, 242 minutes

Klopp could spread the mins of the third midfielder among Ox, Thiago, Keita, and Curtis. A lot of this rotation was enforced due to unavailability of certain player. Still, without these options some players (with questionable fitness) would have had to play more mins than they are capable of. Similarly, in the attack Minamino, Origi, and Gordon combined has played the equivalent of 19 games. Again, their absence would have meant that the regular attackers would have had to carry considerably more burdens.

5 Likes

8xPL
5xCL
2xFAC

15 wins from immortality

6 Likes

We can afford two draws in the Champions League.

3 Likes

Has echoes of Houllier’s ‘10 games from greatness’… :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

I doubt we will win at emptyhad, in fact I’m pretty sure we don’t but even if we do the have some tough matches coming up in the league after that. The match on Wembley is a toss-up and if we beat Benfica Bayern Munich is waiting.

I’m glad we have at least won the League Cup.

1 Like

Yes, but ‘thirteen wins and possibly two draws in the CL’

Doesn’t quite have the same ring.

I bet you’re great at parties :wink:

1 Like

Well nobody ever accused me of being the second Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf … :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I’m confident we will pull something special out of the bag and win comfortably :slight_smile: :+1:

3 Likes

Jurgen Klopp on the quadruple:

“It’s not a realistic target and it never was. Nobody has ever won it before. You can’t plan it. The schedule makes it really difficult. For us, we have to go for everything in each game so it makes it really unlikely.”

“I don’t want to stop the emotions of the people. I know our people are realistic but they are ready to dream when there is a chance. I couldn’t be more relaxed about it. If we can win at least one other competition, that in itself would be outstanding.”

“You prepare the whole season for the rest of the season. There isn’t an international break anymore. We will see what happens, but that we are close enough around the big decision, that is already really cool.”

9 Likes

debbie downer GIF

1 Like