Liverpool Season 2022-23

Again, you learn…

Nah, sod it all :wink:

2 Likes

I have said it before, the preseason was a killer. Not only did it deny some of the players the much-needed time/rest to recuperate properly, but there were also lots of unnecessary travels (ASEAN, Germany, and Austria) involved. The team also played a lot of friendlies and didn’t train together for a considerable period. Klopp’s method requires intense training to get the ideas across the board.

1 Like

I mean, I disagree with the first tweet, if anything because at least for the first 2 games, and arguably for all bar Bournemouth and Newcastle, there just wasn’t a significant enough gap in the xG to say we “won” them. But the thread is interesting.

I had a bad omen after we won 9-0 cos the last time we destroyed a team Ala crystal palace 7-0, we pick up only 15 points in the following 15 league games. Hopefully we sort out our feet earlier this time round.

1 Like

I’m not able to visualise your omen, gasband. Could you please put it in a drawing to help me understand?

This is what I can remember from my dream.

1 Like

Thanks. That has helped.

Starting to feel that the first part of the season (until the break for the World Cup) will be a stroll in the park compared to what comes after.

Wolves game has to be rearranged and maybe the Chelsea game too.

Usually three rounds of the League Cup are being playing until the end of the year. This season we have one before and one after the World Cup. Fifth round will be played in January.

I genuinely do think if we make it through this initial stretch relatively fine and competitive, we ought to be in pole position for the rest of the season. We actually have recent experience of competing on all fronts, and I’m confident that the management team will be able to take advantage of the workload.

3 Likes

Agree with that but only if we are a bit lucky with the timing of injuries.

Truth is we were very lucky with injuries last season and coped very well with games coming thick and fast.

Yes, but I think that also underrates how unlucky we were injury-wise in the first half of the season. It’s not without reason that we ended up seeing Morton start against Spurs. We just had the benefit of a slightly more relaxed schedule.

1 Like

It seems between Ajax (Sep 13) and Brighton (Oct 1) games, we are going to have an 18-day break. Alisson, Tsimikas, VVD, Trent, Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Firmino, Diaz, Nunez, Salah, and Jota are likely to get NT duties.

As bizarre as it sounds I think that this season will be more successful than last season.

Once we get through this mini crisis I expect us to kick on. It’s good to be brought back down to earth. I have confidence Klopp will use it for us to push on.

5 Likes

Games will be coming thick and fast after the World Cup.

24 League games starting at Boxing Day.

Hopefully we’ll have fixed our form by then.

1 Like

I’d insert a few of those generic “I’ll have what you’re having” comments but for some reason, I choose to believe you! After all, you can’t win Europa League this season if Napoli and Ajax don’t finish ahead of you and it’s better than simply finishing fourth because you also get a trophy!

2 Likes

I’ve had a feeling for a while that we’ll get no ‘individual’ awards this year. No Golden Boot or Golden Gloves. We won’t have the best goal difference or defensive records. The league will be won with the lowest points totals in years. But we’ll win it.

:nerd_face:

2 Likes

That would be a brilliant season. Couldn’t care less about any individual awards; winning the league is the best award any of our team could get.

3 Likes

To bad Klopp can’t take advantage of the 18-day break to fine tune the squad.

Alisson, Tsimikas, VVD, Trent, Fabinho, Thiago, Firmino, Diaz, Nunez, Salah, and Jota are likely to get NT duties. Kelleher, Ramsay, Konate, Robertson, Henderson, Ox, Keita, and Curtis are injured.

That leaves just Adrian, Gomez, Philips, Matip, Milner, Melo, Carvalho, and Elliott among the senior players.