Oct 22: Forest (Away)
Oct 26: Ajax (Away)
Oct 29: Leeds (Home)

Nine games :laughing:

Prayer 1: No injuries during NT break
Prayer 2: Henderson, Konate and Robertson fit after NT break

My reaction to that fixture list is roughly like this:

slika

Rival? You are seriously comparing that to my out of this world masterpieces?

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I hope you don’t mind but I have to defend my reputation so I make some changes to you dull art to bring some color and hope to this hopeless world.

0eb912b9e4a9d90be9b00000b175d385a30730ca~2

Liverpool players on NT duties: Alisson, Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Keita (injured), Elliott, Salah, Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Firmino

It feels like we are in pre-season again …

1 Like

Our schedule until World Cup break:

Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS

Wouldn’t surprise me if they squeezed the Chelsea game a day before Qatar Ecuador.

Chance to get back on track :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Season in a summary…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yB4FhOSXxY

2 Likes

It’s been a while since we were on the end of jokes that were usually reserved for Man United in the past few years - this one is quality!

The season while extremely early is a disaster so far. Need to improve fast.

:expressionless:

1 Like

In the Klopp thread there are questions, misinterpretations, advice…

In the Owners thread there are queries about spending, Bellingham and advice…

In the match threads there is armchair amateur analysis, derogatory comments on players and more fucking advice…

Salah is a pariah, took the payday and stopped playing

Trent is a useless fat fuck who needs benching, with an untested Scottish kid going to work miracles…

Fabinho, Virgil, Nunez and more getting pilloried for not being the best at their peak…

Midfield is shite, lets buy Jude.
Defence is crap, lets bench Virgil and Trent.
Forwards are crap, lets sell Mo.
Coaching is crap because Pep wrote a book…

All bollox lads, all bollox.
There are problems, and we won’t win the league this year.
There needs to be a change in something.

But we were two matches from immortality last season.
All gone and forgotten.

Its ok to critique, provided that…
We remember.

Pity some supporters aren’t the mentality monsters we expect the players to be.

3 Likes

Starting to be worried about this.

:man_facepalming:

Superstitious. Coincidence.

We had an even worse start/season in 2020-21.

3 Likes

:speaking_head: Neil Jones on #LFC:

Nine games into the new season, there have been only three wins, and two of those came courtesy of late goals. They’re ninth in the Premier League, 11 points off top spot and closer to Everton, Brentford and Nottingham Forest than they are to Manchester City. It may be early, and similar comments were made to look daft last term, but the idea of a title challenge already looks fanciful. Absurd even.

To be honest, they’ll do well to even finish in the top four playing like this. While their rivals go through the gears, Liverpool find themselves stuck frustratingly in neutral. They know exactly what they need to do, exactly what they’re capable of and exactly what their manager expects of them but, for whatever reason, the wheels just aren’t turning as they used to.

Their problems are myriad, too many of them to count. Key players are floundering while others are struggling to step up to the plate. The energy has gone, the foundations have weakened and the growing suspicion is that if this isn’t a team in transition, then it is one in decline.

Certainly, it feels like there is a major hangover from last season, when Klopp’s side came within a whisker of a historic quadruple. The cost of that quest, both physically and mentally, can be seen in Liverpool’s performances during the opening weeks of this campaign. They fought so hard for so long, but it looks like it might have taken everything out of them.

How else do you explain the fact that pretty much all of the Reds’ key men are struggling at the same time? This isn’t just about Trent Alexander-Arnold’s defending or Mohamed Salah’s goalscoring, this is a group of players who have lost what made them special, whose confidence has gone and whose legs look shaky. Whether it’s Virgil van Dijk, Fabinho, Jordan Henderson, Andy Robertson, James Milner, Salah or Alexander-Arnold, the standard has dropped.

This team isn’t dead yet, not by a long chalk, but the warning lights are most certainly flashing. They have been since the first whistle at Fulham in August.

The question now is how much damage will be done by the time they get the car started again.

1 Like

A few weeks back I thought “if you offered me winning Europa League this season now, I’d bite your hand off”. Out of respect for the team, I wanted to wait for a few weeks but it seems that nothing will change and with games against Arsenal and Man City coming up, it’s only going to get worse, probably much, much worse. Arsenal in particular will be licking their lips at the prospect of bringing a hammer to our top four hopes, something that we’ve almost consistently been doing to them since Klopp’s appointment.

Maybe it’s “universe’s” (for “universe”, insert what you believe in) way of reminding us not to take things for granted and not to spend too much time mocking our rivals instead of focusing on our team. That said, I admit that Man United’s misfortunes of last season and Everton’s flirtation with relegation did make me feel just a tad better after missing out on the two big ones.

Whatever happens this season, I just hope that owners are smart enough to listen to Watzke’s thoughts when Dortmund fell apart and that they will change the whole team if that’s what it takes, rather than the manager.

I personally haven’t reached that point where I think top 4 is in serious danger or lost or whatever.

So, right now, I wouldn’t accept something less than that.

Don’t have to mention that I’m unhappy with our start. But like Klopp said, it was more inconsistent in the way we played rather than totally bad all the time.

Still, with the things we’ve done in recent years, the attention is big of course and it can feel like it’s worse than it actually is.

But it’s not linear. When it feels like we’ve made a step or two forward with a performance and/or result, there can still be little blips in the process.

2 Likes

Arsenal fans maybe, I don’t think the Arsenal players would particularly care.

I don’t think they need to listen to Watzke. Seems like the chatter has always been that Jürgen is their dream man, and very little would change that.