Liverpool vs. Arsenal: League Cup Semi-finals (first-leg), 19:45 Thu 13th January 2022

To be honest, with three domestic cup games to come Klopp couldn’t have got covid at a better time.

I would be telling him to stay away, recover, and have a nice little mid-season break. We’ll see him fighting fit and full of energy for Brentford.

3 Likes

From Talksport:

Both the Carabao Cup semi-finals and the finals will, however, involve extra-time if the respective ties cannot be decided within 90 minutes.

2 Likes

Pep was the man on the sideline, but he made it clear post match that Jurgen was in touch throughout, that he said some words at HT, and that the club tried to keep things as normal as possible - I assume that means Klopp still took part (virtually) in prep for the game etc. So don’t think we can read too much in to how the next few games go.

One things for sure - Pep is a safe pair of hands and clearly has a big influence on Jurgen and the squad.

On the League Cup - I want it - we are 180 mins from a final in Feb - it would be good to go on and win it. It’s the least important of the four competition, but winning breeds winning, and it’s also probably a nice distraction from the Premier League to have this Semi, and the FA cup. Gives the lads a break from it (mentally), and a chance to progress in the cups - it’s good timing by my book.

5 Likes

They are missing key players and we are missing even more key players.

Think the first tie can go either way - mainly because they are playing at home.

So for us it’s probably about to get a good result and then finish them off next week.

1 Like

Still no word on who the referee will be on Thursday. I have found out that Pawson is the match official for Wednesday Chelsea-Tottenham and Oliver was in charge in the first Liverpool-Arsenal match this season so we probably will not see him the day after tomorrow.

In other words, the unbiased ones are gone and we will be stuck with one of the shite ones that hate us.

The hits keep on coming … :skull:

1 Like

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel,formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

3 Likes

As if a two legged semi in the Kangaroo Cup is not enough madness, having extra time just takes the piss. For the final it’s understandable. But not for the two leg semis.

Three subs allowed in 90 mins, and in extra time only one more is allowed.

Go for it, it does irritate me when people not bothered. Especially when we’re not winning the league this season. That said because of the absentees and our form I’m not confident.

2 Likes

Another example (as if one needed any) of how stupid the FA is. The 3rd, 4th, and QFs didn’t need any extra-time but suddenly the two-legged SFs need extra-times. :man_facepalming: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

We’re winning everything until it becomes impossible. Have faith!

4 Likes

Kelleher got covid :frowning:

Adrian always getting a game. How he doing it

Sounds like it’s not just Kelleher then…

Now that will cause a fixture pile up, if this does get cancelled then I assume our FA Cup tie takes place in the two week gap for those internationals in Brazil and Asia.

Training centre has been closed now apparently…!

1 Like

Where did you hear that?

Suppose in a way by bringing it all under One roof has its benefits otherwise they’d be forcing out U23s to play.

2 Likes

From Arsenal Mania …

Liverpool surely planned an outbreak to hit during AFCON so Salah and Mane will be back for many games.

Just run enough cycles with the test and it will give sure false positives.

1 Like

Err these fixtures will happen this month regardless and the likelihood is nethier would have played anyhow.

It’s not our fault that the players who have gone for Arsenal are mostly shit.

Likely scenario is if this is an outbreak across the club that the leg next week becomes the first leg and the FA Cup game gets moved into that international period (we should still get through that but it is that bit harder), there is that spare week between the two league games in which we can fit the second leg.

Considering it’s gone through 6 of our first team we should still have a decent team come that first leg.

Maybe the second leg gets played on a Wednesday

2 Likes

Oh dear god. What a bunch of delusional tripe. Apparently we are absolute geniuses and have been the only people in the world who have figured out how to control the pandemic

3 Likes

Of course we do that now and not throughout Christmas so we got time off unlike some other teams I can think of.

1 Like