Liverpool vs Napoli| CL Match Day 6| Tue, 1st of Nov, 20:00 | Anfield

Yeah, no shit.

If we win I will have some hope we might actually compete for this and the cups.

Though no risks because frankly we need to get as many points from Soton and Spurs games. At least they are normal kick off times.

Our best opportunity of a trophy this season, let’s make a statement of intent!

1 Like

Fuck it go for 4-0. And Klopp will.

2nd place would probably leave us with either Real, PSG, Bayern or Brugge as it stands…

1 Like

We do play better against the better teams. :grinning:

2 Likes

Napoli Arsenal Utd.

3 losses.

If by “better” you mean championship better, then sure.

1 Like

Our two best performances this season were against City. Fair weather supporters eh!,

Tell that to midfield and defence, but I admire your optimism.

Why not the whole squad?
… and particularly the attack!

Forwards win you games - theoretically - but midfield and defence stops you losing them, at least.

1 Like

Just a reminder both times we’ve won the CL we finished second in the group stages :wink:

And if I remember rightly it’s the only time we have finished second is when we’ve won it.

1 Like

We are going to play a strong team as there is a lot of money and pride to play for this.

1 Like

You won’t be playing in goal for this one ? :grinning:

Not our forwards and they don’t help the midfield or defense atm eitherµ. They have been a real disappointment from the beginning of this season, no press what so ever.

I have a weird feeling that we might put a good performance in here since we seem to play better when it doesn’t bloody matter. Our players all look tired and that has been leading to switched off dopey errors.

I’m just curious about what team Napoli will stick out. They don’t need to win to win the group and, for that matter, still lose by 3 and stay top. However, for both teams there is still pride and prize money to play for.

3 Likes

TAN seems to have gone batty today…

1 Like

This is the least important game among the four remaining before Q22 break. I don’t see any logic why we should further exhaust our key players (and get frustrated with their performances).

Kelleher
Ramsey Gomez Konate Tsimikas
Bajcetic Milner
Ox Carvalho Curtis
Nunez

Let’s give Alisson, Trent, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Salah, and Firmino a rest. We really need to come down hard on those Cookey Roosters.

2 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel,formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Don’t want to see a weak team, I don’t see much value in sending a bunch of kids out to get embarrassed at Anfield.

Play Trent further forward, maybe try something a bit more experimental, but don’t throw the game. It’s another opportunity we can use to move towards a system we can use long term.

4 Likes

Half the team should be playing for their futures, about time they put in the hard yards.

Alisson

Trent - Konate - Van Dijk - Robertson

Henderson - Thiago

Salah - Carvalho - Jones

Nunez

Not sure I agree on Trent being played further forward, our midfield is bad enough at a lack of pressing and tracking runners. Trent is one of the worst in the team at said tasks…