Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Im tempted to agree. He seems like a Michael Owen prospect at the moment. Just miles ahead of where he should be at that age.

1 Like

I don’t really know, he was injured but has been in training with the first team recently before dropping out entirely again. There are some insinuations that I’ve seen that not everything he is dealing with are physical issues.

3 Likes

I hope that whatever he’s been dealing with, he has the support he needs. Even if it’s a Duncan-like situation, I’d rather he has the support to make the right decision than a snake like that twat agent.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I have no idea what’s going on, but just that that was the worst-case scenario in terms of what help the club can provide to him.

2 Likes

Before Gordon, Elliott and Carvalho it looked like Paul Glatzel will break into our first team.

With all the injuries he had he might even find it hard to play professional football soon.

Hope he can still make it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Best part of that is that pass at the start, lovely stuff.

3 Likes

I share your concern for Paul’s future but I do have ti say that he was at no point considered to be a top talent like Elliott, Gordon or Carvalho.

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

I heard today’s match got a little spicy?

Yeah, some bust up after they scored the third.

Wolves u18 v Liverpool u18

Mrozek, Gymiah, Samuels, Hayes Green, Hewitt Giblin, Laffey, Pilling, Kelly, Young,
Danns, Kone Doherty.

Subs,

Pennington, Hewitson, Izobodo John, Roberts, Figueroa.

1 Like

1-0 wolves latest.

1 Like

West Ham U 21’s V Liverpool U 21’s

Davies, Ramsey, Quansah, Jonas, Chambers, Stephenson, Bajcetic, Corness, Cain, Frauendorf, Clark.

Subs,

Spearing, Hughes, Koumas, Miles, McConnell.

West Ham 0-3 Liverpool.
Cain 22 minutes
Frauendorf 36
Ramsey 48. Latest score.
Ramsey subbed on the hour mark.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Not watched much of the youth at all in recent years but judging by the results, been very impressive. Recording another big win against Napoli earlier.

This Ben Doak is making some noise.

3 Likes

Liverpool U19s secured automatic qualification for the last 16 of the UEFA Youth League with a comprehensive 5-0 win over Napoli at the Academy.

The young Reds went into matchday six knowing that a draw would be sufficient to win Group A and duly produced a rampant display to rout the visitors and post a final pool-stage points tally of 15.

Goals from Lewis Koumas, Ben Doak and Luke Chambers put the hosts – managed by Marc Bridge-Wilkinson with Barry Lewtas absent following planned surgery – three up before the hour and Trent Kone-Doherty got a quickfire brace soon after.

Liverpool were immediately on the front foot, with Doak to the fore.

Koumas was unable to convert early on after a lightning-quick give-and-go between Doak and Melkamu Frauendorf, but the No.9 got his goal with a predatory header around the half-hour mark.

Frauendorf’s shot, after he’d been picked out by Chambers, was going wide but Koumas instinctively redirected the ball into the net.

Chambers then saw a shot cleared off the line and the young Reds had to make do with a slender lead at the break.

But Bridge-Wilkinson’s team moved through the gears in the early stages of the second half, when a devastating 15-minute spell yielded four goals.

Napoli simply could not contain Doak and the Scot got the goal his performance deserved when he drove at Enrico Giannini, dipped outside onto his right foot and blasted an unstoppable hit into the far bottom corner.

Confidence coursed through Liverpool thereafter and Doak was again involved in the third goal, the No.7 teeing up Chambers after a short corner and the left-back dispatching a low, precise strike from 20 yards.

Kone-Doherty then notched twice in three minutes.

His first was earned by him following up and converting after Frauendorf’s effort had been saved, while his second was all about his individual quality.

Kone-Doherty collected Lee Jonas’ pass, raced past Pasquale Pontillo and clipped a lovely finish over the goalkeeper from a tight angle.

With the job well done, Liverpool took their foot off the accelerator and eased their way through the rest of the game and can now look forward to the first knockout round of the Youth League.

Liverpool U19s: Davies, Miles, Jonas, Quansah, Chambers, McConnell, Frauendorf (Pilling, 67), Clark (Gyimah, 74), Kone-Doherty (Young, 79), Doak, Koumas.

Unused subs: Hewitson, Danns, Samuels, Hewitt-Giblin.

1 Like

Some performance that, they couldn’t get anywhere near him.

2 Likes