Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Max Woltman has been recalled from his loan spell with Doncaster Rovers.The 19-year-old will return to Liverpool after 14 appearances in all competitions for the League Two club this season.

1 Like

Honestly forgot he was on loan/existed. Tough first spell out of the club for him as they often are. Interesting to see if he goes somewhere else for the rest of the season or is kept with the U21s.

2 Likes

Good article on Gordon’s injury woes. Hopefully we’ll get to see him and Doak line up together in the league cup next year.

3 Likes

Played in grassroots football in Liverpool. That’s all I could find. This is probably wrong but I looked him up after watching 4 goals he scored ages ago and I think he was released from our academy as a kid. I am probably wrong but I seem to remember hearing that

Needs to go League of Ireland like Jaros. Close to home, physical and the chance to play in Europe against the likes of AC Milan. Surprised Jaros isn’t looking to go back

Yeah, between him and Doak, there are reasons for optimism. These growth spurts are not uncommon in football, I think, I remember my Man United supporting mate once speaking of Danny Wellbeck (he wasn’t known back then) who also missed a chunk of his youth career because of that.

As a side note, I wish I could remember which cartoon character Doak reminds me of. I hope he becomes a great player at Liverpool for many reasons, obviously, but one of them is to see him become meme material because of his permanent frown and funny harcut on the front of his head. To see him track back and press forward without the ball at such age, though… Nothing funny about that if you’re the opposition. I don’t know if Celtic’s academy taught him that or Liverpool’s but it’s really promising.

4 Likes

Doak

3 Likes

It could well be! :joy:

It’s stupid, but the first thing I thought of him, looking at his serious face expression and direct running style - Damien Duff.

:joy:

1 Like

Let’s hope not anyway (for his sake)

1 Like

Diogo Fonseca was sent off quite early for Braga and the game ended 0-0. Their previous results in the tournament are a mixed bag - 5-0 defeat against Everton in game one, 5-1 win over Stoke in game two. (Stoke themselves have won their two other games - against Hertha and PSG).

It’s a strange tournament.

2 Likes

Unless he learns to start running with his moth closed… His teeth after a full 90min game are going to resemble my ‘full of dead flies’ windscreen after driving down the motorway on hot summer day :0)

Not sure if it belonged better here or the Loan Watch thread, so posted in both.

2 Likes

Wolves u21 v Liverpool u21

.Davies, Jonas, Corness, Koumetio, Beck, Clark, Olufunwa Stephenson, Blair, Woltman, Frauendorf…
Subs,

Musialowski, Hughes, Cannonier, O’Rourke, Miles…

Cannonier 1-0. FT

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Would be good if he could spell his name properly.

Its an unusual spelling, in fairness.

1 Like

Happy 22nd birthday Rhys Williams. :birthday:
Not really a youth player anymore. :confused:

1 Like