Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

training on turf 3-4 days a week? stuff is murder on your knees/hips

1 Like

Well played Bobby Clark, I like that kid. Played with good tempo in both directions. Technically very sound. I think heā€™s been looking a little bit at how Jones developed.

4 Likes

Itā€™s really hard not to get excited about the future prospects of these kidsā€¦ Clark looks like a great supporting player in the making, though heā€™ll have to fill out a bit, which is normal since heā€™s still a kid. He looks at home in every game, pressing like heā€™s always been a part of the team. Reminds me a bit of Wijnaldum, to be honest, I hope he can learn to keep the ball like he used to!

Danns, though - two finishes that screamed ā€œFirminoā€ to me. Even his all-round style is reminiscent of Firmino, given that heā€™s not the quickest of lads but has excellent work rate, height and good awareness of where his teammates are. If Klopp was our manager next season, Iā€™m sure that he would leave Danns here and not send him out on loan, just like he did with Clark.

Given how injuries hit us hard every year, there will be plenty minutes for all of them, it seems!

4 Likes

Weā€™re going to be renaming this thread ā€˜The Liverpool Other First Team Threadā€™ at this rateā€¦

3 Likes

5 Likes

It will be interesting what the team Liverpool will put out this evening against Leeds in the FA Youth Cup

Also remember in the previous game (Luton?) the weird sort of around the corner flicked through ball he did to set up our final goal.

So far he has

• 1 min + injury time (1 assistā€¦actually I dont think it was as the goal came from the rebound, but it was his unexpected ball that created the original chance)
  • 3 min + injury time (0ā€¦what a loser)
  • 27 mins + injury time (2 goals)
2 Likes

After that pisspoor performance, he is lucky to have not been booted out of the club :wink:

Some people just arenā€™t cut out for the big time.

The cup final failure was a bit of a humbler for him. Thought he was billy big bollocks after Luton and so after chelsea had to knuckle back down to get his straight before getting back on track last night.

Some familiar names in that line up, good luck to the miniā€¦.mini reds tonight.

If anyone wants to watch the game. Currently 3-0 down.

https://twitter.com/MikeYates5/status/1763301829301932255

1 Like

https://twitter.com/KM_243_/status/1763236609103634911

Name the ball boy :wink:

1 Like

3 Likes
3 Likes

https://twitter.com/JATTSOPRANO316/status/1763533894861603171

4 Likes

From a german point of view - what happened to Frauendorf?

I believe he is injured but its been a while since we have heard from him. Even so I think the players we have seen in the first team would have overtaken him. He is clearly technically talented but he does lack a bit of pace and intensity - he seems happy to let a game pass him by and just play when he has the ball.

Also never really settled on a role. Doesnā€™t have the end product to be a winger/inside forward but doesnā€™t have the stamina or work rate to play centre midfield.

3 Likes