Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Wonder could be do a job at our inverted right back role.

Played there before I believe

As Elliot being run into the ground in the last matches - do I understand correctly that Gordon is already crossed out from ā€œhopefulsā€ list? See him playing regularly for the u21, but never used properly with the first team. Especially compared to Doak at the start of the season.

Gordon just played the full 90 for the U21s, along with Nyoni and Danns. I donā€™t think heā€™ll start against Prague.

No I wouldnā€™t list him a player to write off. Weā€™re just taking it very slowly with him, heā€™s broken down multiple times in his recovery so there is no sense in trying to move him along quickly. Heā€™s barely got back into completing 90 minute matches.

Heā€™s been playing very well.

4 Likes

So slowly building his fitness. Glad to hear - as I initially expected him to be more involved and prepared for first team opportunities with his U21 performances.

Wasnā€™t Gordon injured at the start of the season when Doak was getting his chances?

Yes, but Doak earned his chances too.

Just having Gordon playing is great, he came back twice before and dodnā€™t manage tonstring 5 games together so Iā€™m happy tonsee him playing and doing well.

2 Likes

Yep, I meant weā€™ve trusted Doak to rotate with Salah at the start of the season, used Danns/Koumas to save our asses upfront. But Elliot had to go through this period practically without any rotation, when Gordon played his 90s for the U21. Fingers crossed he can be relied upon in the future.

Iā€™m not disputing that, Iā€™m just suggesting that those people using Doakā€™s success to talk Gordon down (as happened at the time) were also wrong.

Having 2 players of that calibre is a great gift, let alone the other kids sprouting up here and there. I donā€™t understand why celebrating one requires denigrating the other, just as it happens to the first team players. Itā€™s like some people canā€™t fathom that you can have more than one good player at a time.

1 Like

Like @Sweeting said, I was just happy when he made it onto the pitch for the first team this season and came out unscathed. Heā€™s had a horrendous time with injuries these last couple of seasons, right when he looked right at home with the first team too.

Danns looks two footed.

Call him up to the seniors as a reward I say

What exactly did he do?

https://x.com/sammieutd/status/1752431412358086721?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

Does he not have a brain? What on earth was he thinking there?

Pitaluga may get dropped from Saint Pats.

Has struggled with the quality so farā€¦.

1 Like

Was dropped to the bench as St Pats got their first win and a clean sheet

Same video, different presenter. :joy:

https://x.com/lewisbower2021/status/1768181037287248371?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

2 Likes