Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Yeah that’s bad.

Another reason to smash them.

1 Like

That actually makes it funny. Shows how butthurt they are about the relative first teams. :rofl:

1 Like
3 Likes

@Sweeting do all our youth teams play the 4-3-3?

3 Likes

Baj on the bench for our u21 game at Old Trafford. Live on LFCTVGO, kick off 19:30. Gonna be tuning into this 1.

https://twitter.com/olscchile/status/1778841408817824134/photo/1

2 Likes

https://x.com/theanfieldwrap/status/1778878939437338935?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

2 Likes

Utd should have played their U18s

Take that you tossers

It was an incredible team performance from the lads, no one below an 8 tbh. Just a shame Mabaya picked up a hammy in the end so soon after coming back which meant we had to play the final 10 with 10 and even then had a good chance to score a 4th.

Danns very good, loved his composure and balance in the build up to the first. Capatalised on a loose back pass, zip zagged past a defence then forced the save which Trent Doherty slotted away on the rebound.

Good to see Baj back out there getting half an hour too, nice intercepted assist for Gordon’s piledriver.

Decent turn out to at the toilet tbf, must’ve been 7000-8000 in there.

1 Like

Francis Gyimah has joined Stoke on trial and starts for them today against Man Utd U18s (who have made 6 changes from the team that beat Liverpool last week).

2 Likes

U18s beat Sunderland 2-1 - two goals by Keiran Morrison. Schoolboys Joe Bradshaw, Joe Lipton, Tyler Martin, Ollie O’Connor and Scofield Lonmeni all played.

Liverpool’s Francis Gyimah, who was on trial at Stoke last week, started for Southampton U18s against Reading today and scored a hat-trick while playing as a winger (he’s been exclusively used at FB by Liverpool).

Edit: actually our Gyimah is still at Stoke and played for them today. No idea who the Gyimah at Southampton is - hes not a contracted player there.

2 Likes

Francis Gyimah and Cody Pennington have both signed for Stoke City.

1 Like

@sweeting I watched the highlights of the U21’s v Sunderland, it seems like as with the 1st team we are pretty open at the back to counter attacks is this the norm, do we overcommit as a team at all levels?

Yes we put a high level of expectation on our CBs at all levels.

Also worth noting our U21 squad starts with Nallo and Pinnington who both only turned 17 in the last few months.

2 Likes

Thanks, it does seem from the highlights I watch that we have a problem with over committing, but also a steep learning curve for young CB’s having to cover a lot of space, but that’s where you sort the wheat from the chaff

I’m still trying to figure out who this mystery Francis Gyimah is who suddenly popped up scoring a hattrick for Southampton U18s - initially I thought it was our own Gyimah but pur one played later that same day for Stoke City, a second game in a row, and has now officially signed for them.

Flashscore and Sofascore both list Liverpool’s Gyimah as playing in both games on the same day which I find to be improbable. I’ve been able to confirm that our own Gyimah was with Stoke because of video of him in Stoke U18 and U21 games.

Now the question is who is the Gyimah at Southampton? All the stats/data sites say it is our Gyimah but I can’t see how it would be. Southampton posted a photo gallery of their 9-0 win over Reading U18s, where this Gyimah scored a hattrick, but there are no pictures of him front on (there is a player who looks a lot like him but that is Jayden Meghoma).

“Gyimah” is the Number 11 here for Southampton and this is the clearest shot to identify them.

With this players skin colour looking too light to our guy, and him having blonde-ish hair which Francis Gyimah does not, I think we can confidently rule out Liverpool’s Francis Gyimah. He trialled with Stoke, they’ve signed him, he didn’t play for Southampton (including a second fixture, against West Brom, where flashscore again have Francis Gyimah innthe starting lineup).

What I can’t figure out is who the hell it is.

This is what I do instead of just going to sleep.

2 Likes

I think it’s the same guy. This says he has had a trial at Stoke and now Southampton:

I’m assuming that he has just been putting bleach or something on his hair. It seems to be a right of passage for our young players to do something silly with their hair.

1 Like

It’s 100% not the same person, that much I know. This is Francis Gyimah

It’s clearly not the same player based on his skin colour.

I do know that Southampton currently have Zac Jeanes on trial from Worthing FC, so my assumption is there is someone playing for a non-league club called Gyimah and, because many of these clubs don’t list who is playing in their youth sides (meaning there is little/no trail to find the player online), when they’ve played for Southampton it’s been wrongly assumed by these websites that it is Liverpool’s Gyimah.

2 Likes