Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

This is utterly horrific. How can a 17 year old be so depressed to take his own life??? How can no one noticed and did nothing???

Unfortunately around 150 teenagers in the UK kill themselves every year and the number is rising.

2 Likes

Tragic news. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

1 Like

The pressures faced by those going through their GCSE’s, A Levels and Uni years in the UK are ridiculous right now. Especially those actually trying to study. The isolation and other issues that they are going through is horrible and robbing many of them those magical few years which form the bedrock of most people’s “happy” memories. When you’re old enough to be free but to young to get full responsibility thrown at you (well some). Feel so sorry for them all.

1 Like

He’s 6 feet 3’'. The same height as Virgil.

They’re both taller than 6’3 Hope. Williams looks to be at least 6’5, and Virg is probably not far off that.

1 Like

I read some report on the game with AJax and it said he was 6ft 5.

1 Like

Looking at photos Klopp and Van Dijk are the same height and both listed at 6’4". Williams looks visibly a little taller. Maybe it’s angles or stances but wouldn’t surprise me if he was pushing for 6’6"!

U23 Premier League - Results 26/10/2020

Sunderland 5-3 Fulham
Hawkes (x2), Mbunga Kimpioka (x2), Almond - De Havilland (x2), Francois

Crystal Palace 2-1 Wolves
Benteke, Banks - Perry

Stoke 4-1 Reading
Bauer (x3), Varian - Onen

Latest Transfers
Thorsteinn Aron Antonsson, 16, CB: Selfoss to Fulham - Undisc.
Ali Koiki, 19, LB: Burnley to Bristol Rovers - Free
Sam Smith, 22, CF: Reading to Tranmere - Loan

3 Likes

I have to admit that I didn’t meet them in the flesh to take measures, but that’s what I found on the internet. :wink: But yeah, I was a little bit surprised by these numbers, I see them both taller than that.

2 Likes

U23 Team playing Arsenal now.
Kelleher, Beck, Clayton, Savage, Bradley, Dixon-Bonner, SVDB, Bearne, Cain, Longstaff, Millar.
Subs - Sharif, Winterbottom, O’Rourke, Ritaccio, Glatzel.

We just went 1 up

1 Like

Clayton 1-0.

1 Like

According to my livescore app SvdB is playing CDM - is that true?

Glatzel for Bearne.

1 Like

1-0 Full time.

1 Like

It was probably Clayton in midfield, he moves around a lot.

U23 Premier League - Results
Norwich 1-3 Middlesbrough
Omotoye - Hackney (x2), Burrell

Reading 3-2 Newcastle
East, Onen, Melvin-Lambert - Anderson (x2)

Arsenal 0-1 Liverpool
Clayton

Aston Villa 0-2 Sunderland
Embleton (x2)

Latest Transfers - U23 & U18
Jokull Andresson, 19, GK: Reading to Exeter - Loan

1 Like

Good to see him return.

The fact this u23 side keeps winning probably says a lot for the standard of football being played at this level

1 Like