Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Excellent lesson for our youngsters, then. As Liverpool players, they’ll need to get used to the officials shafting us every week.

2 Likes

Their first two goals were definitely onside, can’t tell with their third.

Liam Millar is in great form, wouldn’t be surprised to see him move on in January. There must be plenty of clubs looking at him now.

After watching him this season it’s easy to see why Bradley has been invited to train with the first team already. Another promising right back off the production line.

Koumetio and VDB continue to be passive defensively judging from those highlights and I swear I’ve seen Koumetio make the same mistake on the ball 4 games in a row now.

1 Like

I think Koumetio was at fault for 2goals in a game recently and again 1 last night.

1 Like

I’ve been banging the “Koumetio is a great talent but not even close to first team ready” drum for quite a long time now.

1 Like

Both CB’s looked weak watching those highlights (though I have no clue how good PV are, it’s difficult to fully judge these unusual youth vs experience games also with different XI’s almost every time). Sepp ends up closer to the goal than our goalkeeper when one of those goal is conceded…

1 Like

u18 game against City.

He was partially at fault for a goal in the friendly against Blackpool too. If it was a one off you could just chalk it up as Salah’s mistake but Koumetio clearly has a habit of being too lax in certain situations.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I wonder who’d be next in line if it comes to it?

VDB and Koumetio are the obvious ones but Tom Clayton has played every game for the u23s whether at the back or in midfield. Might be a ‘safer’ choice, less talented but maybe a bit more switched on.

Probably not but wouldn’t be overly surprised.

1 Like
3 Likes
7 Likes

Aye, I watched the game. Williams, Jones and Hudson-Odoi were the clear standouts.

Williams played a 60 yard ping to Jones which resulted in a penalty a couple of seconds later. There looked a big difference in technical quality between Williams and his fellow centre backs, or even Connor Gallagher in midfield.

Here it is, if you can make out the ball:

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1327365518131683336

5 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Was it Mo :angry:

2020 the year that just never stops.

1 Like

I thought all age-groups now train at the new facility.

Its the same facility, in terms of it all being a single site, but there is a separate entrance for the Academy and the first team. The buildings are about 500m apart from each other - they’re basically opposite ends of a long path with all the training pitches in between.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks. The lack of AXA confused me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Liverpool u 23’s v Southampton Saturday 1pm.
Victory takes Liverpool top of PL 2 table.

2 Likes