Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

I think it was but the flag seemed very late, the one camera and no replays was strange.

1 Like

Guess I’m not as easily pleased as you lot today, I thought there was a lack of quality in the game in general.

And yeah, definitely not a penalty and it looked about 5 yards offside as well. Referee had a shocker there.

1 Like

Aye, says a lot for u23 football that.

Shame they never showed the u18s instead.

1 Like

I’d like to see the u18s more. Seem to be our best u18s in a while. Don’t have high hopes for this u23s in all fairness

1 Like

Highlights from the u18s 5-0 against Leeds are up.

1 goal and 2 assists for Stewart. What he has over Glatzel, Duncan and even Brewster is really good pace and a constant threat in behind. He might be the best of the lot but we’ll need to see him at a higher level to be sure, he’s finding u18s very easy.

James Norris back to full fitness and looking dangerous from the left hand side.

Steve Hunter mentioned in commentary that Musialowski was out for almost a year when he joined Liverpool, which is probably why he was on the bench at the start of the season. Scored a cracking goal. Loves to run at defenders and seems to have that knack of beating two or three at a time. Frauendorf scored another and has generally looked decent and Pitaluga made his debut and kept a clean sheet. Early days but they appear to be good additions the academy.

8 Likes

Liverpool have confirmed that Paul Glatzel and Joe Hardy are both set to be sidelined for several weeks after they suffered ankle ligament injuries against Southampton on Saturday.
It’s not just the senior squad.

1 Like

Premier League 2.

Liverpool U23s v Man City U23s 13:00

U23’s hammered 2-7 today.

Morton and Clayton scored for us.

You mean got hammered???

From the offal:

Billy Koumetio was dispossessed in front of his own goal and Cole Palmer had a simple task to finish past Caoimhin Kelleher.

You could pretty much template this for Billy and just change the names of the others on a game to game basis.

1 Like

Starting to remind me of Sakho.

1 Like

watched the Liverpool vs City U23 game this afternoon (just got it sent to me).

Two things really. Millar is very good, such a strong runner with the ball. Maybe the fact he is older than most of his opponents at this level but still very talented, too talented for academy football. Hope he leaves in January to start his career properly. Could be a championship footballer easily.

Billy Koumentio gives me so much Sakho vibes. Strong and good in the air but I’m not seeing much else to be honest. Looked very jittery on the ball and nervy. I understand he has came up from u18s but compared to people like that northern Irish right back (name escapes me) he is struggling.

I’m not sure he has the intelligence to make it to be honest. It’s a few games I’ve watched in a row where he will let him man run alongside him without picking him up and fail to stop the pass across to his unmarked scorer. Highlighted in his substitution early in the second half in the City game I’ve just watched.

1 Like
3 Likes

Poor boy. Get well soon.

1 Like

I think Conor has done well for a 16 year old playing in a new position. I can’t recall many poor games apart from the ones where we got beat by Wigan, Tranmere and Port Vale. In which I think he got game time.

Billy has played u23 only a few times I’ll admit but even in u18 he is prone to poor concentration/ football intelligence. Good player but prone to lapse of errors like Sepp used to be. Just not sure if he has much of a future here as either you have that knowledge or you don’t. It’s a fine line that separates the elite.

I do get it’s a process and I’ll definitely give him time , no way I’m writing him off just a remark from what I’ve watched over the last two years. Bar his injury where he was absent.

2 Likes

Koumetio back with the 18s. Seems like Morton and Stewart will be staying with the u23s. Strange there’s no Jonas or Quansah, maybe one will get a chance in the 23s too.

3 Likes

4-1. Cannonnier, Koumetio, Musialowski and Ennis with the goals.

Ennis is a 15 year old making the step up. Appears to be highly rated too.

I know Jonas is injured, maybe Quansah had a knock too.

1 Like

Obviously, it was enforced but three academy products started an important CL match against a proper European heavyweight with the best academy in the world - and won, with the fourth joining them at the end of the match. I’ll do my best to think about that rather than injuries that are mounting.

3 Likes

Will be interesting to see what kind of team gets picked though. Would hope a good amount of those players will be in the team/squad for Midgetland.

1 Like