Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

2 Likes

Game postponed.

1 Like

Liverpool want to sign Brazilian forward Kayky from Fluminense. They’ve been scouting him for a while, and contacted his staff in recent days after getting to know about a bid from Shakhtar. [@PauloFBS - @NETFLU]

Liverpool don’t want to miss out on Kayky. He’s the best performing U17 forward in Brazil right now. Liverpool requested more information about him, and has a career plan drawn out, just like they presented to goalkeeper Marcelo Pitaluga. [@PauloFBS - @NETFLU]

Did we lose Koon in the TIA → TAN switchover? :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Billy Koumentio with a howler, Diablo puts United 1-0 up. Seems a mistake every game with that lad.

1 Like

Super strike from Morton following a corner to make it 2-1 before O´rourke gets injured and is replaced by Joe Hardy. Hardy immediately won a battle for the ball on the bye line and crossed for Longstaff to show good strength and score from close in.

1 Like

Van de Berg looks to really improved. Needs a loan move

3-2 utd…

Hard to believe how naive our lads are , faffing about with silly short balls around our own box. Very poor defending giving goals away. 2-5 now and another pen makes it 2-6. Very disappointing

No wonder Koumetio or SVDB don’t get near the first team.

2 Likes

Hardy 3-6.

I lost count of the times Koumetio gave the ball away or got caught in possession. Wind spoiled the game but frankly they were better all round than our lads. Admittedly we did not pay 30 mill for an 18 y.o. but frankly he, Diallo, looks like a good investment at the moment.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the hype about woodburn, he’s bloody useless.

Ben winterbottom off to Brentford

1 Like

Layton Stewart scored a brace as Liverpool U18s beat Bolton in a friendly yesterday.

The forward, who scored 56 times in his final season as an U16 player, has netted 13 in nine U18 Premier League games this season so far.

Stewart has been playing more regularly with the U23s of late such has been his progress.

Pharell Williams, Iwan Roberts and Oakley Cannonier also scored in a 5-3 win.

From the echo.

1 Like

U18s 1 all at half time with Stoke atm. It’s on lfctv

Did the new lad from Derby play. Heard he could have played?

Yeah from what I’ve read Gordon will be going straight to the 23s, given he’s been on derby’s bench most matches you’d imagine he’s way past 18s level already.

I don’t think that’s right. This season he has played once for Derby, coming off the bench at 4-0 up for the final minute against Birmingham. He was on the bench for 3 other matches. Up until then he was playing in Derby’s U18 team and hasn’t played for the U23s yet. He’s probably expected to progress fairly quickly but I doubt he is considered to be “past” the U18 squad yet.

1 Like