Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Great run and pass and good defending

High boot and they get a free kick.

Great chance there

Quansah heads straight at keeper.

Poor choice from Morton, Balagizi was in oceans of space.

Best team won from the 30 mins I saw, but good effort

Much better second half but overall Villa deserved it.

1 Like

Better second half but our first half cost us . The polish lad was off his game which was costly

1 Like

At least they followed the first team tactics of starting incredibly slow.

Did well eventually, some big talents on both sides.

Best team won, but the ref was shocking.
Great to see crowds at it but I canā€™t understand how it canā€™t be played at a neutral venue, the crowd made a huge difference imo.

2 Likes

We have taken Hibs striker Ethan Laidlaw on trial. 16 years old.

1 Like

Conor Bradley and Liam Hughes have been called up for the Northern Irish first team.

2 Likes

Yeah, just saw that. Never heard of them!

1 Like

Yeah quite surprised really. Not too familiar with the Northern Ireland team but for a team that was in the Euros last time, crazy to have a 17 year old RB in the squad. Shows how much Conor has came on this season, playing very well at u23s from what Iā€™ve seen at such a young age.

1 Like

Depends, itā€™s not a big miracle if they donā€™t have a lot of options + they want to give their best current youngsters a chance (maybe only for training). Ryan McLaughlin was called up at around the same age of 18 or whatever. But anyway, always good to hear. Can only be positive.

2 Likes

I think guys like them are usually called up at an early age to get them capped and locked in for that nation going forwards. Bradley in particular has the ability to be a starter for the Northern Irish team for a long time and Iā€™m sure they wouldnā€™t want England or the Republic of Ireland trying to get him in a few years if he progresses well enough.

Harry Wilson and Ben Woodburn were called up for similar reasons by Wales.

Not sure on Liam Hughes as I canā€™t really remember seeing him since he signed for us but I imagine they donā€™t have a massive wealth of talented goalkeepers so just having Celtic and Liverpool on his resume probably means he is worth giving a cap to just in case.

5 Likes

Any of keepers ready for a step-up. Alisson will miss few games this season too.

Pitaluga maybe. Quiet young but a big enough for academy level. Jaros has got some experience but is only back for 2022. Ojrzyński is similar to Pitaluga as they have little experience.

Youngster Jack Lewis who might have been in the u18s next season has left for Leicester

1 Like

2nd time he has left the club. He was released and resigned previously.

1 Like