Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Similar to Jack Walls. Wonder what happens there for them to release the resign, doesn’t show great judgement

Walls was resigned out of some social conscience rather than the coaches realizing they misjudged his quality. He didn’t get a contract anywhere else after his release and so we gave him another deal to give him a chance to get something lined up

Not sure the situation with Lewis but likely something similar happened there.

2 Likes

Ethan Ennis is set to leave us for Manchester United :confused:

I am enjoying all the Man Utd Twitter accounts now becoming experts on Ethan Ennis. He’s played like four games for the U18s - no casual fan has any idea if he’s good or not.

Seems an odd move to me. I think of him of more of an AM/Winger type but apparently he wants to be an out and out CF. Maybe he thinks his pathway is blocked by Musialowski but Man Utd have Hugill and McNeill who are both only a year/18 months older than him and already staked their claims as first team potential. Not to mention Greenwood has only just broken through.

1 Like

I was thinking similar with Uniteds forward options. They have very good attacking lines with the former Man City and Sunderland strikers leading the lines in academy level. No way we will get in over them. On the wings they have invested in good talent from abroad which they won’t replace easily. I see less of a pathway there than here anyways. Both academy’s very similar to be leaving one another, maybe the financial package was a key point in moving. Secure his and his families future just incase things don’t work out is my guess

U18s beat Spurs 4-1 in a friendly earlier today. Kaide Gordon, Norris, Quansah and Morton were the goal scorers.

Also our U19 YL team will play against Loughborough University in a friendly on the 21st of July

4 Likes

Kaide Gordon seems to be doing well, from the clips Ive seen he seems to be an exciting prospect.

4 Likes

Hopefully Critchley gets Blackpool promoted today and we can send him a couple of lads.

4 Likes

Deal seems to be done for that Ghanaian 17 year old 1.5 million. Will be loaned out until his work permit is sorted (around 3 years). A senior international at 17.

1 Like

Conor Bradley came off the bench for Northern Ireland’s first team aswell to make his debut. Fantastic reward for a breakout season

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z4aqXbnhzk

We just got this guy! :laughing: I know it’s just a youtube video but damn, he looks good! He is only 17 years old.

Edit: Sorry, looks like we are not getting this one after all, at least not yet anyway.

1 Like

Why would we have to wait three years for him to get a work permit? I would have thought that as he’s a full international already, then he should qualify for a work permit once he’s 18, but what do I know.

2 Likes

What are people’s thoughts on Musialowski? Do you think we’ll see him playing a couple games for the senior team next season?

1 Like

Massive potential. The last youngster we had coming through that was this exciting a prospect was Sterling. However, a lot of things can happen to derail him, the main one obviously being injuries. We will have to see. I think he gets some game time in the cups next year if he keeps progressing.

1 Like

He’s certainly got an exciting style of play but it’s hard to tell at this stage if that’s first team calibre or not. My high level comparison would be Griezmann but he could equally be another Krisztian Nemeth.

Needs more time in my opinion.

4 Likes

Jones and Trent were more talented and ‘exciting’ for me. I also think it’s probable that Kaide Gordon is the better player based on the few times I’ve seen him so far.

Definitely has a lot of ability though, he just needs to learn to channel it properly.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Even as a full international, he needs to have played a certain number of games in the last 2 years to qualify.

1 Like

Youth games count too. 75% of international games he is available for or something apparently. Think he will qualify on that score no problem it’s the under 18 thing that’s an issue apparently.

Ok, I thought it had to be senior internationals - I didn’t realise youth was also counted

1 Like