Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

1 Like

surprised Larouci has been offered a new deal. Maybe he still wants to go so itā€™s irrelevant

Maybe itā€™s just old information, that thereā€™s a contract on the table, but we know heā€™s much more likely to leave.

1 Like

Would it be to protect the club financially if he stays in England? The club have done it with a few players in recent years - wasnā€™t Adekanye one last year?

How many players do we usually release - this list of 4-6 players seems a little shorter than usual, or is that just me imagining things?

Yeah thought I remember it being larger last few years. Not sure though. Maybe Brexit with lack of foreigners being able to be brought into the academy makes a bigger need from English talent

1 Like

More will leave, the retained list is usually pretty short in terms of players released.

2 Likes

Liam Coyle was on trial at Bolton but theyā€™ve chosen not to offer him a contract.
Abdi Sharif has been playing with Middlesbrough.

1 Like

It was rumoured 8 would go plus Larouci.

1 Like

Essentially the entire U23 team are in danger of leaving.

1 Like

We do need a good clear out at u23 level, plus we had 12 players out on loan and 11 need to be moved on.

Liverpool youngster Remi Savage is set to sign for Newcastle. Heā€™s expected to sign a 3 year deal.

Liverpool offered the player a one-year extension, but he opted for a new challenge. Liverpool are set to bank Ā£250,000 in compensation.

1 Like

We have signed that young Ghanaian lad on a 5 year deal and will be loaned out until he gets a work permit

2 Likes

FSG to tight with the money, we have to come up with the money now :frowning:

Sepp van den Berg will return to Preston North End on loan for the 2021-22 season.

The Liverpool defender spent the second half of the last campaign at Deepdale, making 16 appearances for the club in the Championship.

A deal has now been finalised for the Netherlands youth international to link up with Preston again ahead of the forthcoming campaign.

Van den Berg joined the Reds in the summer of 2019 from PEC Zwolle and has featured four times for JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s first team to date.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/436701-sepp-van-den-berg-returns-to-preston-on-loan

Did anyone watch him play last season whilst there? He progressing well?

2 Likes

Watched only a few highlights and read a few forum posts on him. Seems to be doing well, they supposedly arenā€™t playing very well and they just want two players to remain at the club which is Sepp and another lad.

Plays at right back due to inexperience probably but itā€™s a good experience nonetheless. I do reckon Liverpool might be asking Preston to put him in the centre back position for this season though.

1 Like

Like @Euphoria I only watched some YouTube clips but also read some local newspaper articles, so not much. But the overwhelming expression is that the kid did good and got potential to do better.

1 Like

I watched one of his games. Plays RB for them. Did ok, young guy learning his trade. Going now and being there all season, he should be settled and hopefully his level will go up again.

1 Like