Liverpool Youth Teams Thread

Great move

5 Likes

Very interested in that move. Seems random but apparently Famalicao have a strong history of youth development.

Beck, like Neco Williams, is another player I saw absolutely nothing in when he came into the U18s a couple of years ago. Couldnā€™t understand why he was consistently picked at LB and Norris was made to move around the pitch. Heā€™s developed so much, been one of the best players at U23 level last season and is only unfortunate that Tsimikas currently blocks his route of backing up Robbo.

2 Likes

I noticed this is becoming more common. Makes it feel as though some of these kids just arenā€™t that good when theyā€™re going out to ā€œlesserā€ teams, but then again it seems as though weā€™ve planned this meticulously as to how to maximise their development, regardless of their reputation. Iā€™m loving it, especially if it means that they can achieve better careers down the road even if not with us.

3 Likes

Tom Clayton signs for Swindon for an undisclosed fee

2 Likes

Iā€™d imagine both foreign if not recognised so far.

1 Like

One starting at centre back, one on bench

I didnā€™t know Milnerā€™s Grandpa signed for us :rofl:

Liverpool XI: Hughes, Stephenson, Corness, Trialist, Miles, Spearing, Bearne, Cain (Capt), Stewart, Cannonier, Musialowski.

Subs: Hewitson (GK), Oā€™Rourke, McConnell, Pilling, Lucky, Trialist, Blair.

Stephenson at RB and Corness at LB, Bearne at CMā€¦ Interesting. Can certainly see why we are losing 3-0!

6-0 result, šŸ«£šŸ«£šŸ«£ā€¦

It was a ā€˜seniorā€™ Wigan team in fairness - not exactly their first team but certainly including a few first team players.

Meanwhile we had a very weird team out there - basically the scraps of last seasonā€™s U23s, many of them playing out of position, with three centre forwards and two trialists being used (so far not seen any indication of who they were but I havenā€™t noticed any likely candidates being released from Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Everton so perhaps they were from further afield.

Jamie Carraghers son scored against us

A Wigan fan page mentioned our best player in the second half was a trialist (#17). Right CB who looks like Andre Wisdom with a wig and is tall. If anyone knows who?

With that description it makes me think of Dominic Revan from Aston Villa but Iā€™m leaning more towards it being someone from abroad.

2 Likes

Trialist #1, who started, Iā€™ve got a very grainy clip of the back of him. Tall black guy with black hair, quite skinny.

A random guess would be Oludare Olufunwa from Southampton

2 Likes

Not to spam post the thread today but noticed Frauendorf played right back today. Is that a thing? Thought we was a winger

Just out of necessity probably, with no Ramsay, we needed another body at right back. So we dropped him deeper.

1 Like

He ended the U18s season filling in at RB too. I think itā€™s just giving him a different view of the pitch, improve other aspects of his game.

4 Likes

First time I saw Chambers play, I thought he was one of the positives yesterday.

Weā€™re becoming a nice little machine for creating full backs, hopefully our plan with goalkeepers succeeds as well.

1 Like