Loan Watch: 2021/22

Millar played 90 mins in that 4-4 draw. 2nd start in a row with Played 65 vs Accrington too. Just an update

A rather nice article on Awoniyi’s character and development, some interesting stats from Wyscout there as well.

3 Likes

Another assist for Elliot

6 Likes

The contracts of Grujic and Wilson will end this summer. We have missed some decent money by not selling them last summer.

On a happier note the contracts of Karius and a host of other fringe players (Grabara, Ojo, Lewis, Boyes, Gallacher and Arroyo) will also expire this summer.

Taiwo Awoniyi contract will also expire. Meanwhile, Woodburn has another year on his contract.

You’re confusing some of those loan contracts and contracts with Liverpool.

4 Likes

Damn you Transfermarket :woozy_face:

1 Like

Yeah, you have two sections, one close to another. Sometimes they don’t have info on how much does a player have left on his original/Liverpool deal. But mostly they do.

2 Likes

Can someone please explain to me why Awoniyi has never qualified for the proper work permit? It’s been 5 years now and it still hasn’t been sorted?

2 Likes

I don’t think he has International clearance to play in England,due to not being able to gain a work permit,cos he hasn’t played a certain % of his national teams games,he’s never had a full cap for Nigeria,personaly i think if we get a good enough offer he’ll be sold.

2 Likes

Dont understand why they didn’t just loan him to a Spain or Portugal league team. Takes 3 years of continuous residency to gain a EU passport from those countries but instead he spent a year in Germany to a year in the Netherlands and back to Germany. All a waste of time. Takes 10 minutes of research to find this out so I’m dumbfounded on how Liverpool’s staff decided random loans would have worked any better.

3 Likes

He’s not going to play for Liverpool. He’s in Germany to be put in the shop window.

4 Likes

Oh I get now now but surely back in 2015 there was hope for a future?

1 Like

There’s a change for our players on loan at Cardiff, Mick McCarthy has replaced Neil Harris as manager.

1 Like

Would that matter much for Ojo & Wilson, they were regular picks. On second thought, that didn’t workout nicely for Cardiff, so, yeah, they might be in a spot of bother.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Wilson and Ojo both had assists today in 2-0 win.
Taki scored.
Millar also assisted the first goal.

3 Likes

Wilson assisted Ojo for the first goal tonight in a 2-1 away win at Rotherham.

4 Likes

So far:

Karius (Union Berlin) - 2 games
Grabara (Aarhus) - 14 games

vdBerg (Preston) - 1 game
Arroyo (Salamanca) - 8 games
Lewis (Amiens & Plymouth) - 9 games for Amiens, 5 games and 1 goal for Plymouth

Grujic (Porto) - 20 games

Elliott (Blackburn) - 23 games, 4 goals, 8 assists
Wilson (Cardiff) - 22 games, 3 goals, 8 assists
Ojo (Cardiff) - 29 games, 5 goals, 6 assists
Awoniyi (Union Berlin) - 19 games, 5 goals, 4 assists
Millar (Charlton) - 8 games, 2 goals, 2 assists

4 Likes

Well, this isn’t working out well. He’s started 9 games and has completed only 4. 779 minutes over 20 appearances, no goals, no assists. Maybe Porto have realised he’s gash?

4 Likes