Max Woltman: Doncaster Rovers
Owen Beck (LB): Bolton
Paul Glatzel: Tranmere
Rhys Williams (CB): Blackpool
Sepp van den Berg (CB): Schalke
Tyler Morton (CM): Blackburn
Vitezslav Jaros (GK): Stockport County

5 Likes

I thought this is the year you can only loan out 3 players?

Quite apparently not.

In any case, I didn’t hear about that rule?

Could be wrong but I think it only applies to players over a certain age 21 or 23.

1 Like

Yes, this (and also not sure if it’s U21s or U23s…)

1 Like

Bradley got man of match. Also wondering about Jakub not even getting in squads for his team isnt great

He was on the bench but it’s a weird situation either way as they have signed his competition for the Poland U20 jersey and currently installed him as the first choice. They now have about 7 goalkeepers on their books.

I’d be tempted to end it already.

Also not sure what Stockport are doing. They picked Hinchcliffe in goal today ahead of Jaros even though Jaros started the majority of their friendlies (and is an infinitely better keeper).

3 Likes

Being Irish I’m very biased about Irish football but should have gone to St Pats for a second year. Playing European football against teams that would beat the teams he can’t get playing for now. Was top two keepers in the country alongside Irelands national team 3rd choice. Now he’s on the bench not playing when it matters. Stockport wouldn’t be in the top league in Ireland. Such a backwards step. Knowing the club ended Rittacios loan early, I’m sure we will sort it out. But seems a waste at the minute.

2 Likes

Billy playing for a B team :confused:

I wouldn’t read too much into the firstfew games of the season, teams always look a little weird. This is Billy’s first steps into the professional game, got to expect some ups and downs.

He actually played alright on his debut for the first team, won every duel and completed every pass… Except for 1 - of course that one incomplete pass went to that young lad who scored against us for Salzburg who promptly set up a goal.

Side note on this but Austria is another example of why it’s a great idea to have youth teams in the league. RB Salzburg have had soany players come through at Liefering (their youth side) who play in the second division. They just played tonight, team of 18 years olds and beat a much more experienced side. English youth never get that chance.

3 Likes

Ojrzynski played the first 45 minutes of a friendly against Anorthosis Famagusta for Radomiak in a friendly today (they played two different XIs in each half). Game finished 0-0.

2 Likes

It’s interesting that Sepp van den Berg still hasn’t been sent out on loan.

Last rumour I saw was that he was linked with Burnley, who have now got a really young team and progressive playing style so that would be an interesting move for him (and they’ll likely win the league).

I do find it interesting that it appears to be assumed that Klopp was talking about Nat Phillips staying and not van den Berg when he was asked about Konate’s injury. I know that question itself specified Phillips but Klopp’s answer seemed a bit more general. VdB has travelled with the first team for today’s game… I hope we let Phillips leave and keep Sepp around.

4 Likes

Wonder would it be better for us to loan Sepp and keep Nat as Sepp won’t get enough game time for us and we could still get a decent price for Nat as a first team center back who we don’t mind not playing any games

Leighton Clarkson to Aberdeen

2 Likes

Sepp has already been out on loan for 18 months, playing 66 games, he’s not short on senior level experience.

The club might view him as a better player than Phillips and perhaps want to see how he gets on over the next 4 months.

I also think the window on us getting a decent fee for Phillips is closing. He’s had his little purple patch, he’ll never be as sought after as he was at the end of 20/21.

3 Likes

Clarkson scored a screamer.

6 Likes

Pitugla and Balagazi getting MOTM and Bradley with a clean sheet also. Not a bad game week for the loanees

2 Likes

Had a shot from same range a few minutes earlier and put it high and wide so credit for taking it on again and was a great goal. Got MoTM and that’s only with an hours sleep

I would rather Keep sVDB and sell Nat.

1 Like