Liverpool Loan Watch

I think there is a difference between homegrown and club trained - at least for UEFA rules. He should qualify as home grown because he played at Preston ,- meaning he did complete three seasons in England before his 21st birthday - but the fact we loaned him out means he won’t be club trained. Small difference between the two in registration terms but I belueve club trained is more flexible than home grown.

1 Like
4 Likes

Morton seems to be dividing the Blackburn fanbase recently. Some of them really, really dislike him and think he’s not Championship standard. Others think he’s good but too sloppy in possession and not defensively resilient.

Part of this is due to the problem of Morton suddenly getting spoken about as a 6, I think, rather than an 8 where he played his entire youth career. At Blackburn he’s usually in a double pivot of a 4231 which I don’t think suits him.

Eitherway I think its unlikely he comes back and is able to establish a first team role here next season based on the mixed, mostly bad, reviews of Blackburn fans.

2 Likes

Well, it’s… fans. When do you not get opposing views over a lot of players.

Saw a bit of the Leicester v Blackburn FA Cup game, he actually played well from what I noticed. Checked post-match and I think he was the game’s highest rated player as well.

No big deal if he leaves on another loan next season, we’ll see what he attracts.

Nothing changes, either we get a player for the first team or help them build a career somewhere and we get a profit.

1 Like

Klopp isn’t going to decide about a player based on fan’s opinion.

No shit but people who watch him play every week tend to have a better feel about his overall performance levels than those of us who catch a few highlights or one or two games a season.

3 Likes

I’ve actually been impressed every time I’ve seen Blackburn play with him in.

Klopp will see him over the summer and decide.

1 Like

I thought he was injured?

Yeah, this is what surprised me as well. It should bode well for the future, though, that they selected him regardless of that. Hopefully that means that he’s over or will soon be over his injury issues.

Been oo the bench for a couple of games.

1 Like

Bristol Rovers fans taken to referring to Jarell Quansah as van Dijk Jr after another good result today.

I assume they mean the good version of van Dijk and not the one that showed up at Bournemouth.

2 Likes

Jürgen confirmed in today’s pre-match conference that Bradley will be looked at during pre-season, and a decision taken on whether he will stay with us for next season or be loaned out again, but the club is overall quite impressed.

4 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t expect it to be any different. Part of pre-season if there’s no decision before then. Then, have a look at Ramsay, him, Milner’s situation might also play a part. Decide what’s best.

1 Like

I think the point was that we, by the sounds of it at least, very much see him as one for the future rather than someone like Neco Williams, for example.

Do you mean as in becoming a first team regular rather than a squad option (which is how I saw the club probably thinking of Neco unless he surprised on the upside)?

I’ll be interested to see where he is physically. I think he’s most likely another year away from being able to stake a claim here.

Similar to van den Berg, both went out on loan as very skinny kids. Two seasons in the Championship and van den Berg looks like a grown man now, Bradley still looks pretty twig like on pictures I’ve seen.

Not that you have to be the biggest and strongest to play for us - but it definitely helps.

5 Likes

Game of words sometimes, I didn’t feel anything that much different from Klopp speaking about Bradley today than how he would with a number of other talents we have who are doing well. Either here or out on loan. He certainly won’t say “we like the kid, but we might sell him in the near future if we get a bid like we got for Neco”. Anyway, Bradley will probably have to prove himself at a higher level for that to happen, either playing here or at a higher profile loan. So far so good.

2 Likes

:clap: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

Sepp van den Berg first match since injury.

Came on in the 77th minute.
Scores the equalizer in the 81st.

Schalke - Bremen 1-1 with 8 minutes to go.

Update:
Yellow card 4 minutes later.

6 Likes

Impact sub.