Losing the midriff "wobble" or the TAN diet/exercise thread

For half of my life doctors keep saying that I have a lightweight frame and they keep adding that I need to put some meats on that frame.

Apparently I’m 10 KG underweight for my age, height etc. But I have long given up on bulking up.

When I was in my young teens, the trainer in the gym said I should start eating a tin or so of rice pudding and a banana every day for me to bulk out my frame… Worked as well.!

1 Like

Maybe a tub of sweet mayo everyday would do the trick.

Seriously, whatever it is, as long you are healthy, that is most important

3 Likes

If all your blood results are fine I seriously wouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

Being underweight means I get tired a bit too easily. Even that could be, at least partially, solved if I cut down on my smoking.

So like I said, I have stopped bothering about bulking up long ago.

1 Like

Don’t worry @Iftikhar - I’ve bought you some of this stuff:

https://youtu.be/xFAU0xJ_PXI

It’s in the post.

1 Like

His long way home video is epic.

3 Likes

mini milestone for me today. While naff all weight lost in the week, I’ve upped the difficulty of my bike rides this week and took it to a new level today. There’s been a climb that’s been on my list for some time. I used to hate it as a youngster as where I live no matter which direction I try to get home from I need to climb a massive hill. This one is probably one of the less evil ones but its still over 2 miles of climbing with a height gain of over 600 feet, roughly 190m.

Pleased to say I managed it today with little problems. Aerobically I was 100% fine with more room to push. Legs was where it hurt the most and there was little I could do to increase the speed but I got up the thing fine. If I lose weight that will that will become a lot more comfortable. This was also after a really short and sharp climb of 140 feet in 0.5miles as well. Pretty sure there’s a section getting close to 1:4 on that bugger as well. Rest day tomorrow, well actually an under orders DIY day.

4 Likes

Gonna have to start to do something. Managed to go two decades never straying more than 2 kg or so from 100 kg, except for last February. Scale this morning said 110kg. Amazing what a year can do - a year ago I was around 96kg training for a marathon.

3 Likes

Been doing intermittent fasting, 2 meals a day since September and lost around 2 and half stone. Have 1st meal at 1pm then dinner around 5 or 6pm. Just drink black coffee, water or zero calorie drinks during fast.

Once got to target weight of 161lb before Christmas I started kettlebells and jump rope. Currently at 158lb

Haven’t felt as good in years, more energy and focus through the day and sleeping better at night.

4 Likes

Near 5Kg I put on over Christmas and new year,
but i loved every moment of it, the food the wine the home brew…

back to reality tho

5 miles in 41 mins is the norm now, but only ran 6 times since before christmas (the weather has been crap most of the time).

Need to stop the beer, and get my head straight,

target weight 81Kg

it will come…

3 Likes

That’s great. I’ve done some fasting in the past and it does work but as with all things the difficult part is sustaining it. Good luck with it. It’s a great feeling being at your target weight and feeling fit.

2 Likes

Had tried fasting before, doing 16/8 but couldn’treally stay on track. Was still eating junk.

This time with just the 2 meals it feels different. Still having takeaways the odd weekend. If getting a Chinese or something I’ll fast all day and just have the one meal.

Hope I can stick at it but so far its been easy enough. Think you really need to be in the right frame of mind, if it feels like hard work and you are miserable it can be really tough.

2 Likes

How long do you reckon I can survive on a diet of pork pies and Lindor? :thinking:

2 Likes

mentally or physically?

2 Likes

Mentally I could do it infinitely. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Exactly my thinking.

2 Likes

Ask Fat Sam Alladross…!

3 Likes

Horrendous craving for carbs this morning. Must resist.

1 Like

Not sure how I feel about this one