Losing the midriff "wobble" or the TAN diet/exercise thread

I am prepared to gain some a few KG over the lunar new year period…but my appetite has dwindled alot due to my diet the past year…eating deep fried food disgust me very fast…I used to be able to take 3 pieces of big fried chicken easily on top of other stuff…now one piece of it…I begin to feel disgusted…

1 Like

Perhaps to put you all off Chocolates for some time to stay off the sugar…

Presenting…Edible Anus

1 Like

I sometimes wonder what people’s internet history is like.

2 Likes

I swear I was searching for information on major planets in the solar system with an unfortunate spacebar while searching for one particular planet

2 Likes

:rofl:

Off-course you were. We aren’t judging.

:innocent:

Exercise is great for health - but for losing weight it has a negligible effect.

1 Like

Longer than me drinking nothing but beer?

2 Likes

There is significant evidence starting to emerge from research regarding the relationship between obesity and grain oils. (Soya, Rapeseed, Canola etc) Grain oils seem to have a detrimental effect on the mitochondria of cells leading not only to obesity but also possibly to Cancer, Alzheimer’s and Dementia.

If anyone is interested I can post links and details to some of the current research.

1 Like

yes please

Isn’t all cooking oils produced from seeds.

Here we mostly use soybean oil and sometimes mustard oil.

Butter, coconut oil, tallow, old fashioned lard, olive oil all non grain cooking oils.

The second link goes in depth into the effect of grain oils on the mitochondria - there is also some more recent research - cant find it just now but will post it when I do.

2 Likes

Just another Thanksgiving. With all my weight loss, I was able to stop taking my diabetic medication. But technically, I am still a diabetic as I was only able to control my blood sugar through a change in lifestyle and diet. My body efficiency to break down sugar might not be good enough. So last week we did a Glucose Tolerance Test and the results showed that in a matter of a year and a half, my body is able to function and break down sugars at the level of a Pre-Diabetic. Next Year, we will do another test and I believe that I will move to the level of a non-diabetic. Glory to God!

7 Likes

Chris Kesser is a quack isn’t he?

Woo woo practitioner who plays make believe as a real doctor.

No doubt oils aren’t great for us, but that’s not news. I wouldn’t hold anything he says in great esteem.

2 Likes

Could you please post the evidence that he is a quack.

I would be interested to read it.

He is a qualified MD - particularly researching macular degeneration.

If he is a quack as you say, I will view his opinions differently.

I’ve seen a bit of anecdotal “evidence” on the damage that oils do to the body but I’ve always been wary of those sources to be honest.

For example, one such area quotes that oils damage the Endothelial cells of the arteries. To be honest not sure what to believe on the matter. This includes olive oil while the Mediterranean diet is quite high in olive oil and those people are generally in very good health with longer than average life spans.

1 Like

I listened to him for about 15 mins on a JRE podcast once, that was enough for me to know. If it walks like a duck etc.

Googled him to find out he’s an acupuncturist. His agenda is selling books about the Paleo diet, nothing else.

He isn’t a physician, and his explanation is full of naturalistic fallacies.

2 Likes

Ton of evidence that SFA does this as well, more so than PUFA or MUFA. See this old article in which FMD is a measure of endothelial function

Overall though the research is a mess and I wouldn’t hang my hat on any of it. SFA almost certainly isnt as bad as it was commonly “known” to be 20 years ago, but far too many have over interpreted that as putting SFA on a pedestal relative to all the alternatives, which is difficult to support.

1 Like

All this conversation about oils. You could say I’m in the trough (pun intended) of the diet rollercoaster phase as the French onion soup I made on Monday morning was done by frying the onions in the rendered pork fat from Sunday’s pulled pork shoulder. Bloody gorgeous nom nom nom.

17 stone…

1 Like