Losing the midriff "wobble" or the TAN diet/exercise thread

Finally started on my diet last Monday. Plus trying to burn at least 1100 cals a day (goal is 1600 a day). Hit my numbers both in exercise and eating for a week.
Started at 104kg. Down to 98.6 end of the week

Cheers. Yeah I could spend days there with a camera I think. Pretty easy mountain to walk as well. Stupid windy at the top when we went. Dodgy windy.

I will look into the magnesium and stuff. Thanks. Not a bad night last night by my standards but I’ve got up a bit tired rather than feeling fresh. Not a good sign. I’ve come across a few links between apnea and kidney disease so I need to look into those more, as well as the magnesium

You get an unhappy face for losing that much weight that quickly. That’s not fair.

1 Like

It’s bloody exhausting. I’m having to sleep a lot to keep up my activity level. Ran myself into the ground playing football on Sunday.

Don’t happen to play in midfield do you?

Asking for someone I know.

That must be a good 2.5 hrs exercise every day?

3 hours. 6-8am and then either lunchtime or right after work

I do actually. And much like our midfield I made one lung bursting run and then proceeded to recover for the next 5 minutes…and repeat

I’d love to have that dedication but i find im much too tired in the morning to get out.

Another run this evening on my baseline circuit. Took 28 seconds off my much improved time on Monday. VO2 estimate is up to 47 which is top 10% for my age apparently.

Got to be happy with that but there wasn’t a lot spare in it. Nowhere near as comfortable as Monday. Guess what? Not the greatest sleep last night.

1 Like

I got out of breath running for the bus just now.

Mind you, I was carrying fish and chips and a six-pack of beers for tonight’s match.

2 Likes

Hope you managed 3 sets with those “weights”

[quote=“Klopptimist, post:835, topic:359, full:true”]
Can’t begin to understand this. But then I don’t have a £40 strap-on

Don’t even want to guess what that conversation was about :0)

End of fasting Day no. 3. Another 36hrs without food done. Not easy but ok at the same time.

Went from 13st dead as of yesterday morning (8 hrs in) to 12st 11lbs this morning. Hopefully I can stay below the 13st line to next Friday.

Still major adjustments to diet and exercise needed I think. Lots more I can do as I keep breaking good intentions on the food side. Exercise wise is more difficult with time availability.

Sleep wise has been better having taken 2mg of melatonin and hour before bed. I looked at magnesium as recommended by @BigJon and it comes with a little bit of a warning for people with CKD. So more research / thought needed on that front.

Absolutely right - I didn’t know you had CKD and that illustrates how important it is to research every supplement, to see what works for an individual.

I take on a daily basis - Zinc, Krill oil, COQ10, and magnesium at night - occasionally I will take Vit D, especially during winter (and to decrease my susceptibility to Covid)

Yeah Stage 4, it’s a bummer but we’re stable and it doesn’t hamper me much. Other than the little side effects like sleep dealing with the mental side of it is probably the hardest part for me. I should go on a super strict diet for example but mentally from the condition and the day to day pressures I struggle with it mentally and time wise. Food has become my release I guess.

Still, I’ll find a way round it. One aspect for the weight loss mission and exercise is to try and reduce some of my BP medication. Plus the cardiovascular benefits. Many CKD patients actually die from cardiovascular problems arising from it.

I also take coq 10 and a low vit. D but also curcumin a small amount of iron too. Heaps of omega 3 as well.

15 days straight on my plan. Maintained the calorie control and was able to hit 1600 cals burned 5out if 7 days each week. Aiming to do it 7 days a week this week.

Have you continued the weight loss at the same rate,if so how are you feeling?

Not at the same rate, just lost a kilo the past week. But I know from previous experience that weight loss isn’t linear. And also I’ve started doing regular weight training so i’m also going by how I look and feel. When I bent over to tie my shoelaces yesterday, my stomach didn’t seem as much in the way as it was two weeks ago and I can see a slight change on my face, ever so lightly leaner…so progress being made.

Feeling a bit more energised and a bit lighter on my feet

2 Likes

Well done.We all like to lose a little weight,i’ve at least a stone on the stomach i’d like to get rid of,but for me the highlighted in your post above is really my goal.I’ve some minor issues with breathing which restrict how much and what type of exercise i’m capable of so i’m persisting with light jogging and trying to watch calorie(beer) intake but failing somewhat on the latter. :slightly_frowning_face:
It took a long time to put on so i’m sure it will take equally as long to lose but reading this thread does help as it show what people in similar situations are capable of and give motivation for what’s ahead.

2 Likes