Losing the midriff "wobble" or the TAN diet/exercise thread

Start with a 16:8 and if you can stick with it , you can then go for the tougher intermittent fasting approaches. By that time , your body is used to the fasting regiment.

Yes I know but a poorly managed fasting regime is partly responsible for some of the troubles I find myself in now.

I need to break the evening eating regime, which fasting allowed me to do, and I took too far and then carried on with when I stopped the fasting.

So I’ve started today, nothing eaten since 10pm last night (see above for poor excuse for that). I really want to go through till tomorrow morning if I can but we’ll see where I get to. I dont want to force it too much at this stage but Fridays will work well for me as a fasting day.

After my lads weekend I’m back into my exercise routine and having gone off the rails a little food wise I need to get back on track. Part of me wants to look at a local gym but its fitting it in to make the cost worthwhile.

I dont.

my clothes tell me if i’ve put on some pudding or lost some. Due to my bike rides of a min of 5 miles the weight is coming off quick.

if you are someone who weighs their selves then once a week in the morning is best.

3 Likes

Cant beat regular cycling to shed the excess.

1 Like

Success (part 1). First 36 hour fast completed this morning. Basically went from 10pm Thursday evening until after 10am this morning with only water, tea (black) and coffee (also black) consumed. Finishing a fast first thing in a morning will be better for me I think. It will hopefully help to break this mental cycle of gorging in the evenings. It got difficult at 2pm yesterday mainly through what turned out to be a frustrating day of sorting things rather than doing things. And the weather was shocking as the first Autumn storm rumbled in. The evening was super hard and basically decided to hit that sack earlier than I would have normally.

Lost 4-5lbs in the day but I realise that’s not a “true” figure but still nice to break the 13stone (182lbs) barrier for the first time in a while. I expect to put some of that back on over the next day or so.

Trick now will be to use this momentum to quit the evening reliance on the biscuit tin and then go for another fast next week.

EDIT. Added bonus from the extended fast. Having had a wholesome breakfast this morning I am still absolutely stuffed over 4hrs later. The thought of lunch just isn’t happening. I’ll have to watch this evening though, when the hunger comes back.

Had some dodgy snacks at the theater at around 4pm yesterday.

Skipped dinner as I was feeling full. Did an approx 19 km run in 1hr30 min today while still on an empty stomach.

Will have some lemon/honey green tea now and see if I can hold on till 1pm for lunch.

1 Like

Done 10 miles Saturday morning. My legs still ache haha.

2 Likes

I’ve lost a couple of kilos in the last 2 months or so, and down 4 or 5 from my heaviest this summer.

Haven’t touched a drop of alcohol for 6 weeks. Strength going up in the gym, cardiovascular fitness getting better, sleeping better.

Looking to lose another 3 or 4 kilos before bulking back up and I’m flirting with the idea of starting bjj and/or boxing, as I’ve wanted to for years.

1 Like

I finally figured out one of my weaknesses w.r.t food. Samosas. Had three of them yesterday during the eating period. The other weakness is chips/crisps.

Looking to hold out today for another 2 hrs before going on the run. It’s festival season here and I’m visiting a bengali thing where there’s going to be a good amount of food to gorge on.

1 Like

Friday fast day No. 2.
Weigh in this morning was dead on 13st (182lbs), so happy that I’ve managed to keep a lot of the weight from last week off. That said, its been an odd week with not much exercise but plenty of sorting stuff here and there and probably not eating in the most wholesome / healthy way. Weather has been a bit shocking too.

I’ve got the feeling today will be hard. Weather is crap, so going out an keeping busy outside is more awkward. A kitesurf might be an option but a solo mission when its blowing off its face is probably not clever. It needs to calm down a touch first.

2 Likes

Noo_Noo NOOOOO!

Weather’s got worse, so not happening. Wind is 40ish mph gusting 50mph+. That’s a no go.

Trying to waterproof a roof here in what can only be described as a swimming pool. Invigorating isn’t in it….

Did a 19.5km run in 1.23. Utterly winded after. Still need a bit of progress to go for 21 in 1:30.

You’re covering a fair distance now, quickly too.

:clap:

It’s taken a fair while though. I’ll probably look at my posts earlier in this thread to see how my times are and how long it’s taken.

From Feb 16th,

That’s a big improvement

Yesterday we did a family walk up Pen y Fan, near Aberhonddu (Brecon). That’s a 4 mile hike up and down and being honest a pretty manageable one for most people.

Tonight was my usual 2.6 - 2.7 mile post work run. Smashed it, coming in at 2 seconds over 26 minutes. And it wasn’t overly stressful. There’s more in the tank there. That’s a big step change in time for me.

The only reason I can put behind that sudden jump in performance is sleep. Saturday night was in the oddest hotel I could think of and that was a shit night’s sleep, followed by the hike and a long drive. Last night I slept like a log and didn’t budge till the alarm. That’s incredibly rare for me,so much so that I’m now considering a doctor’s appointment to look at possible sleep apnea.

3 Likes

I have been up Pen Y Fan countless times - it is a beautiful area of the world.

Please be aware that if you get tested for sleep apnea and found to be suffering from it, your Doctor is obliged to inform the DVLA.
This can have all manner of repercussions regarding driving and work.

Try taking magnesium an hour before bed - it works brilliantly for me. Worth a try.

The section on magnesium begins at the 12.30 mark

That’s a Ben Johnson style improvement :rofl:

Well done mate