Losing the midriff "wobble" or the TAN diet/exercise thread

No he does not.

Sugar stimulates the production of free fatty acids in the liver. When the body digests these free fatty acids, the resulting compounds can trigger inflammatory processes.
In contrast to glucose, which can be metabolized by any cell in the body, fructose must be metabolized in the liver. Fructose is independently partly converted to acetyl-CoA, which is a building block for fatty acid synthesis.

Excess sugar intake can lead to diabetes, cvd, dementia, obesity, high blood pressure, some cancers.
There is little to no advantage in consuming added sugars. They are just empty calories.
In my OP which was about ways to lose weight I suggested that reducing fruit intake would be beneficial to weight loss.
It is.
For reasons unknown this opinion puts me into conspiracy theory / cult territory.
I question why anybody would make or disseminate a video like the above that could have damaging effects to health if taken as truth.

Still not at 13st but i just bought these and they fit nicely. Given i bought a 38 elasticated not long ago, I’m a happy bunny!

1 Like

Reducing intake of any food is beneficial to weight loss, that’s how it works Jon.

You make a good point about those metabolic conditions though, I’m sure we all know scores of obese folk who got there by binging on whole bananas, apples and melon.

Like vegetables?
Fish?
Nuts?
Avocado?

Your opinion is fine, completely wrong, but fine.

Thanks for your input but I think I will stay with my cult.

Avocados are fine, with them not being a fruit and not having any calories. Eat as much as you like. Solid advice Jon.

A list of high sugar fruits

• Litchis (Lychees) Up to 15% Sugar. Sugar per Cup.
  • Passion-Fruit (Granadilla) Up to 11% Sugar. Sugar per Cup. …
  • Pomegranate. Up to 14% Sugar. Sugar per Cup. …
  • Mangos. Up to 14% Sugar. …
  • Cherries. Up to 13% Sugar. …
  • Bananas. Up to 12% Sugar. …
  • Oranges. Up to 9% Sugar. …
  • Kiwifruit. Up to 9% Sugar

Bananas for instance are pretty high in both carbs and sugar, which are the main nutrients that raise blood sugar levels.
If you are trying to lose weight it is a bad option - it triggers insulin (the fat storage hormone) so best avoid. They do contain some fibre and minerals but these are easily replaced by non starchy vegetables. The riper the banana the more sugar it contains.

Who said eat as much as you like?
Great source of natural fats - low in sugar.

A whole medium avocado contains about 240 calories, 13 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams protein, 22 grams fat (15 grams monounsaturated, 4 grams polyunsaturated, 3 grams saturated), 10 grams fiber, and 11 milligrams sodium . Along with their low sodium levels, avocados contain no cholesterol.
And who said anything about foods with zero calories?

You are all over the place. What exactly are you trying to say ? Eating sugar is a good thing?

Some research for you to feast on Jon.

Do you have Diabetes?

No, because I am not addicted to oranges.

Think I will leave it there.

Have a great day.

If you are diabetic and wish to not cause a spike to your blood sugar levels, and wish to take your health seriously, these - as I talked about in my original post - are the best for you.

• Blackberries. One cup of raw berries has 62 calories, 14 grams of carbohydrates, and 7.6 grams of fiber.
  • Strawberries. One cup of whole strawberries has 46 calories, 11 grams of carbohydrates, and 3 grams of fiber.
  • Tomatoes. One cup of sliced or chopped tomatoes has 32 calories, 7 grams of carbohydrates, and 2 grams of fiber.
  • Oranges. One medium orange has 69 calories, 17 grams of carbohydrates, and 3 grams of fiber.

Oranges are interesting - the white pith surrounding the fruit has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. Sugar content is high in some varieties, so best to do your research first.

Anyway, strange things are happening since adding the gym sessions and as of last night back to the climbing wall.

The whole change has completely upset my daily routine but in a good way. With very little effort I’m eating less crap but have also become far stricter with regard to what I do eat. All of it comes from changing when my meals are and how busy I am. There’s very little sitting down and pigging out. There’s a lot of hard work in organising myself with what has become an extremely hectic lifestyle but I am getting there with it. Still a ways to go.

Any benefits from the gym as yet? Difficult to say other than feeling far looser and reduced aches / pains. Weight loss, probably very little if any at all but it’s still early days. I suspect more tweaks still needed to get where I want to be.

2 Likes

It’ll happen mate, trust me. Keep at it, you’re doing great!

Will do. Happier than I’ve been in some time. I’ve found a good work life balance and using that free time far more effectively.

4 Likes

Just put my fav NEXT trousers on. Not worn them for years, 34" waist :slight_smile:

1 Like

…and NEXT are renown for being mean with the material in their clothing… So, it might actually be a 32" waist from anywhere else :0)
Well Done K

2 Likes

Absolutely. Tried a pair a week ago. Little chance of them closing despite being 34" waist in every other brand I’ve tried. They went back.

Good work @Klopptimist :+1:

2 Likes

Stiff / painful achilles. Any suggestions on loosening it please.

Had it some time which has probably arisen from a desk job and sitting in a toes pointed position for too long. Trying hard to correct that but the day after a run it takes a bit of time to loosen it up.

I do a little work on my calves achilles at the gym now but I’m really conscious of over doing it.

Was once told to soothe toes/feet/ankles, to put a generous amount of olive oil in a bowl/bucket containing hot water and soak your feet in it until the water goes cold…