Losing the midriff "wobble" or the TAN diet/exercise thread

Another 7 miles again on yesterday’s circuit.

Far happier on a bike than running or whatever.

2 Likes

Anyone wanting to cut back on their food intake should try out the Surstromming diet.
It is an actual delicacy in Sweden, and deserves a great big shout out to any of our Nordic fans on the forum for such bravery in eating this.
Simply put, it turns people into gibbering wrecks within seconds! :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

You need to post this in the funny pictures thread.

3 Likes

Righto still going on the bike, that’s coming along well as I’m managing to head out say 4 times a week unless there’s snow and ice etc. Fitness is coming along as well. Hills that I previously struggled with are being managed now without too much hassle.

I’ve lost a little weight but not as much as I’d hoped. I’ve pretty much cut out sugar and only have a couple of slices of bread once a week. Same with potatoes. No crisps or any of that stuff that we should stay clear of. So I’ve still got to lose a stone and a bit to hit my target weight. Slightly frustrated by that.

One bonus though, my asthma has cleared. Now whether that’s a seasonal thing or the diet or a bit of both I cant say but it is pleasant not needing the old pump every now and then.

3 Likes

One bonus though, my asthma has cleared. Now whether that’s a seasonal thing or the diet or a bit of both I cant say but it is pleasant not needing the old pump every now and then.
[/quote]

Tooooooooooo much information!! :rofl:

4 Likes

I didn’t drink all of January. Ate healthy, got out for walks as much as possible, lot of river hiking while fishing when weather permitted. training in the garage with the little one teaching him some ball control. but still for all of January I didn’t lose one kilo of weight. not one.

2 Likes

Surely that depends on whether you’re using the inflate or deflate valve.

Plus I bet there’s a whole load of closet pumpers on here anyway

1 Like

Frustrating as hell that.

I’m not stopping because I feel better, I enjoy getting out even though the hills around here are brutal, and I am probably a little leaner around my middle but I do want to get my weight down. You really notice the extra weight on a bike.

I’m sure it is what Jerimiah Johnson had to do all time out in the wilderness! :wink:

1 Like

I bought a Cannondale Quick hybrid after watching this guy…
Never thought I would take to cycling, but enjoy it immensely. Good for the weight control and the thighs!!!

1 Like

you’ll likely lose inches more than kilos. with physical exercise comes muscle development which is 10x more dense than body fat.

2 Likes

Crossed my mind to be honest but back in the day I used to lose weight first and the stabilise as the muscle built up. A little different this time but still very possible. I’m certainly stronger, no doubt about that. Hauling my ass up some of the smaller hills in Snowdonia has proven pretty hard going starting from such a low base. It is getting better though.

1 Like

welcome to getting old! :slight_smile:

1 Like

looney tunes rage GIF

2 Likes

:rofl:

It’s gonna be alright

I’ve been using Huel for a couple of weeks. Not for weight loss, it’s more to get some nutrients in my wretched body, but it does fill you up for a while. The salted caramel tastes the best. My nephew has lost 2 stone using it but he’s knocked off the curries, drink and everything. He has a Huel and a piece of fruit for lunch and says he doesn’t get hungry and it keeps him on his toes at work.

1 Like

I’ve been on Huel for over a year now, mainly because I was warned I could contract type 2 diabetes. My favourite is the new v1.1 of the Black edition (fewer carbs and more protein) in vanilla. I actually enjoy it for my lunch.

1 Like

After losing 46kg, i have stopped all diabetic, cholesterol, hypertension medications. In May, my doctor is sending me for a Glucose tolerance test and if i pass, they will issue a letter to state that I have reverse my diabetes which would help my insurance purchases very much. If that happens, this would probably be my biggest achievement in my 40 odd years of life

15 Likes

I’m 46 KG. Well something around that.

What have you been eating? Or rather what have you not been eating?

I lost one of you!

2 Likes