Luis DIAZ: 2021/22

I love it. Mane did ok, and took the brunt of a lot of their snide stuff. He was unlucky himself not to score with that header.

Diaz comes in and looked bright as a button. Movement, desire, dribbling, linking up, a shot or two. It’s only a matter of time before the goals start flowing for him, but I very much like what I see so far.

3 Likes

All of the above but his 1st touch was far better than any of our front 3 today and he very rarely gives the ball away when he passes it, again completely different to the starting 3.

For me he starts at the weekend

1 Like

Even based on what we have seen so far,this lad is one hell of a talent.
Looking like a serious bit of great business getting him.
I love how he is not keen on giving the ball away,he is going to give defenders some awful headaches when he settles in :joy:

I call him ‘Luis Chaos’. Creates chaos for the opposition the minute he steps on the pitch. Pure electricity. Hyperbole? I think not.

Will be interesting to see how he maintains the explosive levels at which he’s played for us, but he has been electric.

Love seeing how hyped he was for Mo’s goal and also nice to see the veterans embracing the new boy.

3 Likes
4 Likes

He’s still raw. He will learn and mature when to use his dribbling skills and when to keep it simple. Glad that he’s having the best to learn from on and off the pitch. I get so excited when he gets the ball though.

3 Likes

Looks like MO has been learning off Luis with the quality of his dribbling with the ball today

We have a winner for Luis Diaz song. :grin:

9 Likes

Visually…

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/swk0z7/luis_díazs_goal_today_was_scored_following_a/

2 Likes

That should be his song lol

From GOAL

Liverpool fans know a player when they see one, and they see one here.

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes
3 Likes

Found it interesting that he was the one who went to the single #10/second striker slot behind/alongside Origi when we flipped to 4-2-3-1. Mane went to the left, but obviously played centrally until then. Think it might have been because he showed a lot of responsibility popping up in different areas even before we flipped the formation. Anyway, good assist, good finish.

1 Like

Luis Díaz’s goal yesterday was scored following a sequence of 34 passes. :clap:

1 Like

I remember a goal from Barca at Anfield when we lost 1-3 (we went 1 up, but they turned it around) in the CL second group stage phase (01/02 season). It was after 70 passes or so, if I remember correctly (still have it on VHS!). Brutal.

Lovely flick over calm as it comes. Looks already like he has played here for months.

1 Like

My enjoyment of the 34 pass goal was slightly marred by the Anfield Banshee screaming ‘Forward’ with every pass.

“At Anfield we have always believed in players supporting each other and concentrating on not giving the ball away. You can’t go charging forward all the time, willy-nilly. You must have patience, and this is where we can play the Continentals at their own game.”

Bob Paisley. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

What an animal, both offensively and defensively.

I’m not willing to go into big predictions (yet), we’ll see what’s his end product like long term.

But a very dangerous player, plus also lean and hungry, aggressive in a good way.

4 Likes

First trophy in 21 days. Fastest trophy alive :thinking: :trophy: :colombia:

6 Likes