Luis DIAZ: 2021/22

Best player on the pitch again today.

7 Likes

He’s something else isn’t he, been here less than a month, terrorised them.

2 Likes

4 Likes

My guys

3 Likes

His full name:
Luis Fernando DĂ­az Marulanda
DAZN used the last part in the EFL Cup final line-up and I’d not seen that second surname before

1 Like

Told @Nikola but he did not change the thread title :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

There’s also Diogo JosĂ© Teixeira da Silva.
Jota is just the spelling out of the Portuguese pronunciation of the letter ‘J’ - a soft j: /ʒˈɔtɐ/
not /dʒˈɔtɐ/

4 Likes

The BBC does this with barca and it drives me fucking nuts. No one cares what their legal name is. The players have identified with a name that the public now knows them as, and yet the Beeb have now developed this thing of ignoring that and using their formal name.

Gonzales Iglaisias instead of Nico. Gonzales Lopes instead of Pedri. Paez Gaviri instead of Gavi. Dani Alvez is Alvez da Silva.

Not only is this confusing, it’s disrespectful. Choosing to call someone a name other than they one they have elected to go by is one of the most disrespectful things you can do to a person. If someone has decided to go by a name they put on their shirt, then fucking refer to them by that name.

[/rant]

9 Likes

I agree, but I suspect their made up/chosen names aren’t the names on the formal paperwork, which is what the BBC use, being the BBC.

I’d rather they just called them Cunt, Twat, Penis, Barge etc when it came to United.

I guarantee you there is smug shitbag at the beeb chuckling at how these people do not even understand proper naming conventions and are doing them a favour by getting their name right.

2 Likes

I get wound up by fans not giving a shit about how to pronounce the names the players

3 Likes

Good to see this guy on the bench
 alleviates that concern.

1 Like

We had Matt Dawson as co-commentator for the Leeds game. He insisted on calling Trent “Arnold” throughout the game.

I’ll track back
?

wow

4 Likes

Not bad, but possession won in the attacking third?

Lazy bugger needs to up his game.

4 Likes

I absolutely love this guy already. Didn’t pay too much attention to him the two games we played Porto, thought he looked ok, but can’t remember seeing anything that made me think much about him as a potential signing for us.

Didn’t take long for him to convince me though. My trust in our recruitment is so high anyway, I was kind of all in the moment I read we had signed him. And then his first couple of games just reinforced that. T’riffic player.

Bonus: Mane can play more through the middle, which I like. Hope we see more of that.

10 Likes

Nice to have you back @norwegian_wood , it’s been long.

6 Likes

This bloke is everywhere on the pitch. What a recruitment!! Skilful, menacing and team player

Were the likes of Real, United, PSG etc asleep at the wheel.

6 Likes

Good job that our scouts/recruitment team know what they’re doing.

Or maybe it’s just luck. :joy:

2 Likes