Luis DIAZ: 2021/22

Diaz has played more matches (64) in 2021-22 for clubs and country than any other professional in world football.

Looks fresh as a daisy.

5 Likes

If we do the quadruple and porto win their domestic cups he comes away with 6 medals this season.

5 Likes
3 Likes

What a super signing he has been, reminds me of Suarez.

6 Likes

In a league table taken from his debut, we are eight points clear at the top.

Obviously not just down to him, but what a signing.

6 Likes
4 Likes

He for me out of all our forwards does everything thing well and is outstanding in other areas.

In the game at the weekend, he received a ball on the right touchline and was being closed down by a couple of the opposition and he just played an easy pass inside to Trent without deliberation and beat the press, it was so simple and the correct thing to do. Add to this his dribbling, touch and pace he is amazing and will only get better.

2 Likes

Imagine him when he’s had a Klopp pre-season

Alicia Silverstone Flirting GIF

10 Likes

So he has a chance of a quintuple this season. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Porto are in the final of the Portuguese domestic cup, also.

5 Likes

A new song heard being sung for Diaz on Saturday night in the Olympia - boss this: 

(Belinda Carlisle: Oh, heaven is a place on earth)

“Oh, Jurgen do you know what he’s worth?
Luis Diaz is the best on earth
He came from Porto, he plays on the wing,
He’s the f****n, Columbian king”

7 Likes

You beat me to sharing this one

What a fucking song. Hopefully catches on.

3 Likes

Great song for a chant but we have to work on the lyrics.

3 Likes

His sublime form for the Reds has also been reflected in his transfer market value getting a significant bump. According to data presented by Football Benchmark, Diaz has seen a €25m (£21m) rise in his value since January, with his €45m (£37m) fee rising to €70m (£59m) as of April’s analysis into player values.

His value rise since the February list that was presented by Football Benchmark is the fifth highest in European football, behind Barcelona’s Pedri, Benfica’s Darwin Nunez, AC Milan’s Rafael Leao and Real Madrid’s Vinicius Junior. Diaz’s latest valuation places him at number 49 on the overall list, ranking fifth on the Liverpool list, leapfrogging Diogo Jota and behind Sadio Mane, Alisson Becker, Mohamed Salah and Trent Alexander-Arnold.

1 Like

A very nice read here:

10 Likes

Nice article, cheers.

It’s just a fantastic story, his family must be the proudest people on earth right now.

For me the signing of the season bar none.

2 Likes

The family dog - named Toni Kroos :joy:

1 Like

16 Likes