Luis DIAZ: 2022/23

That is not the case for Luis Diaz , however, and the winger has already arrived in the United States ahead of clashes with Guatemala in New Jersey and Mexico in California.

:man_facepalming:

17000 km round trip for what?

2 Likes

The kid’s face :rofl::rofl::rofl:

This lad has that Mane/Suarez type living breathing firecracker character. A precious spark of life among the lumbering, crestfallen lots. :heart_eyes: :clap:

Any update on how long he will be out?

Too early, maybe we’ll know more tomorrow when Klopp speaks pre-Rangers. Both for him and Trent.

I read that they are going to have scans today, so, maybe later today, at the earliest. :pray:

Around 2 months out, if you believe what twitter say.

Thankfully I don’t, I wouldn’t think they would have a clue if the scans are later today. I don’t think we see him this side of the World Cup mind.

Time for others to step up, there are options If we stick though none as good as him.

One bonus there is no pressure for him to get fit for the World Cup so he won’t risk anything and gets 3 months rehab effectively.

1 Like

Out until after the WC so 3 months if we are ‘lucky’ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Good there is no surgery, I feel til after the World Cup probably means he has a good chance of being available for the games after the World Cup.

Bit of a crazy scenario how we are getting close to a point where a 2 month injury lay off won’t matter due to it.

This season can well and truly fuck off.

1 Like

Luckily it does for 2 months.

1 Like

Rather worrisome this injury. He’s been one of the few good players this season. Heaps more pressure on the players available, the amount of games, and to turn these results around.

1 Like

Still a good month of games though, we really need everything we can get, not to go end this first part of the season too far from CL places.

It’s my major concern about it, not particularly how long he is out for (I think it was a given he wouldn’t be back before the World Cup) but he was one of those not going and hopefully would have been fresh to kick start in December, now we are probably hoping he is just fit for that period.

But also the fact it now puts more pressure on the other three (plus two if you include Elliott and Carvalho) which in the 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 you probably can.

I expected he was out yesterday, I can’t be arsed crying over yesterdays news in a way.

5 weeks playing 3 times a week, what could possibly go wrong …

What like currently then?

I give up I’m going give the board a rest. It’s not doing my mental health any good.

2 Likes