Luis DIAZ: 2022/23

The whole thing looked innocuous so it was difficult to see what happened. The best I could make out was a hyperextension, which would indicate the posterior ligament, one that often doesnt require surgery. When it does though, is after a period of 2 months or so of conservative therapy that it doesnt respond well to.

Yep, cue surgery in mid Dec after a relapse in training.

1 Like

He was the one ray of light in this, so far, brutal season. I didnā€™t realise how serious this was before now. Terribly unhappy about this but it is what it is.

5 Likes

Partey kicked him, then grappled him, pulled him down, landed his full weight on the knee, then kicked out at Diaz again.

Obviously no foul given.

This season is a bit of a shitshow so far.

I would play Jota on the left of a three, Firmino in the middle, Mo right, Nunez as the spearhead. Carvalho and Elliott should both be considered for the front four too, Carvalho as back up to Bobby in this system, and Elliott back up to Mo. I know Elliott doesnā€™t have blistering pace, but heā€™s not a player for a two man midfield that is keeping shape and protecting the defence. And besides, we havenā€™t seen much of Moā€™s pace this season, and he has been below par, so itā€™s not like Elliott has too much to live up to if he is used on the right of the three in a 4231.

I know Iā€™m clutching at straws but thank goodness he wonā€™t need surgery

toucheā€¦ join the partyā€¦ i been taking a break. jus show up once a while. stayed away from the last match which i didnt even bother to watchā€¦

1 Like

An injury that would have been entirely preventable had Oliver got to grips with Partey earlier in the game, rather than emboldened him to carry on.

5 Likes

Fixed it for you.

1 Like

He is supposed to be one of the better referees :man_facepalming:

No heā€™s not. Part of the same generation that were taught from the ā€œby letter of the lawā€ book of bollocks, just as shit as your next man.

6-8 weeks so at least he will get some training in before the World Cup ends.

Six to eight weeks. Glad Colombia are not qualified for the World Cup. They and Luis himself would push to be in the squad.

In 3 weeks we read that he needs surgery after all and will be out for the season ā€¦ :innocent:

Donā€™t

Donā€™t be daft. If he needed surgery it would show up straightaway on the scans

Just like the VAR Sunday the scan was malfunctioningā€¦:flushed::grin:

Probably, although @limiescouse above gave a plausible reason why surgery might still be needed in a couple of months. If a hyper extension, not a tear, then physical therapy is the way to go. However, if the ligament does not respond well to PT, surgery might come into play.

Iā€™m not a medically qualified person, but that sounds plausible to me.

My take would be to be hopeful though, as Diaz is a young, athletic, flexible type, so he should have every chance to respond well to the world class physical therapy he will receive.

Also, the World Cup break will give clarity to making sure he takes his time to build up fitness again, as he wonā€™t be back to play before the World Cup break, so can legitimately see the extra 6 weeks as his recovery time, before giving it beans for us again in the second half of the season.

1 Like

Not exactly fluent in spanish but even I can have a good go at translating that.

ā€œThank you for all your messages, Iā€™ll come back stronger & help the team to win the league.ā€

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the messages of supportā€¦ ! Iā€™ll come back stronger :raised_hands:t2::muscle:t2: