Luis DIAZ: 2022/23

Oh…

What utterly shit news. It will mean that both him and Jota will have missed nearly the entire season.

It’s a fucking curse.

2 Likes

I’ll wait for the official news. Fingers crossed Jota isn’t too long into Feb.

Carvalho, Gordon and maybe even Doak have an opening now.

You’d expect two of them to make the bench and be called on.

1 Like

I would be looking to buy Kudus, if possible. He can cover several positions, forward, wing and midfield, so could help us now, and later.

Alternately, it is an opportunity for Carvalho, possibly Doak and Gordon too.

My gut feeling is we will play a diamond 4-4-2 with Nunez and Salah a little closer together up top, and we will weather this one with the players we have, notwithstanding possible midfield recruitment.

Hopefully it doesn’t damage top four prospects, as that is still well within range with 24 games to go, even after our bad start.

Isn’t that what we tried and got our arse handed to us by Leeds at home?

In those days, lol, everyone was handing our arse to us, on a plate!

We saw some good used of midfield and attacking variations, sometimes several permutations in the one game, moving towards the World Cup break. 433, 4231, 442, 442 diamond.

I think our tried and trusted 433 is up for grabs, and we are in a period of evolution. It won’t be binned, or binned yet, but there will be some variance.

1 Like

Bad news, we’ll see how long exactly.

Not good to be a few months without or two main options for the left side.

Knowing our luck, it is exactly that.

Klopp gave an update where he said hardly anything

Didn’t sound too positive though, if the excerpt posted in the injuries thread is anything to go by…

Sounds like Elliott is ok at least

2 Likes

Here’s a Twitter doctor being optimistic about Luis’ injury.

1 Like

A Twitter doctor … :eyes:

4 Likes

Get well sooooooooooooooon, Diaz :pray: :partying_face: :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

do we ever miss this sparkplug. get well soon Luis!

1 Like

Luis Fernando Diaz Marulanda shared a post on Instagram: "💪🏻⚽️⏳". Follow their account to see 301 posts.

3 Likes

We miss his pace and his ability to beat a man with ease. Good luck in your recovery!

1 Like

Leg muscles gone :frowning:

Lots of Gym work by the look of him.