Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

feel the word “cunt” is missing from your largely accurate description of him!

7 Likes

I call Bernardo “the Game of Thrones extra” - it hasn’t caught on! But to me, he just looks like an extra from numerous scenes in Game of Thrones. Little bastard he is too. But obviously a smashing player. Whisper it quietly but I am having a competition with the lad on fantasy football teams for next season, and I have Bernardo in my midfield. I will be happy if he leaves Man City, but I will need to add another player and as a lazy person, that aspect bothers me!

Correct.

But not being as classy and sophisticated as @Scott.Jones i didn’t feel as if i could appropriately voice that to the satisfactory level

2 Likes

Plastics gobbling up all the cheaty targets, phew. Now just get rid of Silva and I’m very confident they won’t win anything this year.

1 Like

You wouldn’t normally think of someone of his stature as having a big physical role in the side, but he does. I think it is underappreciated how important and unmatched the energy and steel he brings to City’s game is. Phillips could replace that, but not with anything like the sophistication or technical competence Silva has.

With some of the other changes they have made recently, if he goes all of a sudden they look a lot more physically and athletically unimpressive than they have been when at their recent best. Even more so if they find themselves playing without Walker for any length of time, which I think they might have to deal with given his age and injuriy issues he started experiencing last season.

2 Likes

Seems a strange thing for Pep to say. Great for us if he does go, I think he is their second best/most important player behind De Bruyne. Just can’t can’t understand why City would roll over and let him go. Contract doesn’t expire until 2025 so no reason for them to even entertain it.

If they allow Bernardo to go, you have to wonder who they have lined up. If they go big on someone I hope it’s someone like Neymar. Busted flush. Vanity move.

1 Like

Lets hope it is not Bellingham…

Fixed it for you :wink:

1 Like

Paqueta was the rumour the other day.

I don’t care who they sign, losing 5 senior players would definitely hinder them for next season.

Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Aye, regardless of who they might bring in, a squad that is not that big to begin with churning over 5 players, all of whom played meaningful minutes and in important games, in one summer would be really unsettling for them.

If they think Pacqueta is the answer then even better.

1 Like

I thought they have sold three.

Fernandinho left.

Selling Silva would be an act of self sabotage. We should be helping Barca to raise the cash.

1 Like

I’m sure we’d have loved to have signed Gavi to help out!

Last headline i read La Liga were still refusing to allow Barca to register their 5 sigings this summer unless they sold players first. That suggests they are unlikely to get Silva this window - although i would have thought that about Kounde et al too :see_no_evil:

I’m quite comfortable with them buying Silva and not being able to register him. I think it’s a smart tactic, and I encourage them to do it.

2 Likes

:0)

1 Like

How the hell are Barca even thinking about another major transfer expenditure?

2 Likes

They are going to chop off another limb to sell.

1 Like