Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

Man City just been made club of the year at the Ballon d’Or awards,

the same club that is driving the death of competitive football by been state sponsored and continually breaking FFP rules?

oh the irony…

3 Likes
6 Likes

Highest number of player nominations for the Balloon De Joke wins it apparently.
7 shitty
6 for us
5 for Madrid

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah baffled by how Madrid didn’t win that.

1 Like

I wonder how much that cost them?

1 Like

I get what you’re saying. I guess my point is they still may be able to roll through the rest of the league on their way to a similar total this year even with these guys at the back. Then with a fit and healthy Laporte and Walker may be a better match up now for the teams who undone them in recent years. Will those guys ever be reliably fit again? Does that make them better than the team that pipped up in 19 despite the long absence of De Bruyne? Probably not.

Joke award.

Can’t stand Real Madrid but they are more of a proper club than Man City, and they won La Liga and the CL.

Well done Man $ity, very well de$erved.

€heating Ba$£ard$

1 Like

££££££££££££

2 Likes

1 Like

City were missing players on Sunday.

Liverpool started without TAA and Diaz, both nailed on starters in normal circumstances.

1 Like

Fuck them.

They spend money so they win football matches but they’ll always be a joke of a club.

They know they’ll never be able to shake that tag and it drives them fucking crazy

5 Likes

To me, it is the best Man City I’ve seen, although the ones that had Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero were much sexier (probably because the only consolation I got from football back then was them preventing Man United from winning more titles). I only wish they played the equivalent of last weekend’s back four against us last season…

I don’t think it’s difficult for them to turn on the “possession” mode with this team but why should they? De Bruyne and Haaland are modern, injury-free versions of Stevie and Torres on steroids, with the added bonus of Foden and Bernardo Silva who are absolutely unreal players to have. They made themselves a bit easier to open (that said, only Newcastle and us managed to genuinely exploit that this season) but only because they geared themselves towards slicing teams at will.

Their football is quicker than ever and if I was a neutral who didn’t care about them being state-owned and backed by endless pits of corrupt money, while breaking the rules and breaking the game, I’d actually like to watch them.

Villa also caught them on the break and Palace should have been 3-0 up at the Etihad, and Haaland could have been sent off.

This might be the most clinical team City have put together, they’ll break all sorts of goalscoring records and record some huge wins, but they look vulnerable when their oppostion puts up a proper fight.

8 Likes

Yep, another reason they hopefully won’t win the CL! I do think if Pep fails to get it again he goes in the summer, he’s got 1 year left right?

Both managers made mistakes in their behaviour over the weekend - but Pep seems to want to fan the flames.

All the this is Anfield stuff, waving his arms around, making a mockery of the whole thing, because he took a hump at a goal being disallowed for a clear shirt pull. Saying the “fans” targeted him with coins, and maybe they can try better next time. It’s pretty childish, and just incites his own fans to act like cunts.

I’m with others, Klopp should continue to bring up the sportwashing cunts (when asked), and continue to get under the skin of Pep.

Shame Klopp lost it with the line-o - only thing that blots Sunday’s win over Pep (in terms of game and out there in the media).

5 Likes

Interesting piece even if it is the mail.

11 Likes
2 Likes

Surprised that Mail was so outspoken.

City have previous for this tactic

“It was first raised by club chair Khaldoon al Mubarak at the end of the 2018-19 season. He at the very least made the comments publicly, when responding to Liga president Javier Tebas’s comments on state-owned clubs, although they were no less wrong.”

3 Likes