Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

He should try doing 3 hours on the underground everyday during rush hour every day a week!

2 Likes

I’m actually wondering what the match going City fans make of all of this?

Has anyone in the media managed to speak to both of them yet?

1 Like

Maybe I’m being naive but this doesn’t feel like nothing. It would be proper and correct for these to be relegated into irrelevancy.

And hopefully it dissuades Saudi Arabia from doing the same thing.

7 Likes

The best comment I saw on The Loon was that City would now be preparing to reveal the level of corruption at Liverpool, which as far as I can tell, amounts to that time that they forgot to change the password on their database after we appointed a couple of their scouts.

4 Likes

If :rofl:

As journalists, aren’t you supposed to be the ones to unearth these?

3 Likes

Ah Walshy, leave the new guy alone!
Its still funny!

2 Likes

Relegation for every year in breach of the rules if I had my way.

2 Likes

Probably scared of being sued by the trigger happy City lawyers.

Gosh, how this unfolds could change football in England significantly. Fuck, it could change football significantly.

1 Like

I think only a small fraction of journalists are investigative, and I wouldn’t class Ronay in that group. David Conn is one of the few to question their actions, I can’t remember any others off the top of my head

3 Likes

They have to. The Guardian can’t go round pre-empting a case that is very likely to end up in the high court.

Everyone knows they are guilty as sin, and if you read on it that Barney Ronay piece it’s abundantly clear what he believes.

4 Likes

Once the investigation was announced in 2019, City stopped cooperating with the PL for all subsequent periods. That’s why they’re also being charged with failure to cooperate for seasons 2018/19 through the current season.

I seriously hope that the response of the commission will be “since you’ve declined to demonstrate otherwise, we have no choice but to assume you were violating financial rules in all those seasons as well”.

10 Likes

Ope. What this guy said. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Liking my odds that this season will be considered more successful than last season. Not every year you win 3 PL titles. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Isn’t it curious how the newly crowned most valuable and profitable club in the world fails to attract sponsorship from anywhere outside of the UAE ? (With the exception of some highly dubious betting firm in Asia.)

The lack of scrutiny of these cheating bastards really is galling. Is it because news organisations are terrified at the prospect of being sued by them ? If so , there’s another charge right there to lay at their door ; Obstructing and attempting to pervert the course of justice by way of threats and intimidation.

What we really need is for someone like Bellingcat to jump on this.

3 Likes

I half expect they didn’t change the other passwords and that the person they are seeking for the information leak is our scouts again.

Our open top parade will be to celebrate 3 titles and relegation!

1 Like

Fixed

2 Likes

Turns out you can’t even trust practically unlimited funding anymore :man_shrugging: