Manchester City* - 130 charges (and counting...)

yep, i get that, but im after an actuall official explanation, or a justification, noi matter how flimsy.

like the one we got for the odegaard one…something about moving in a direction or something laughable…

nothing to do with citeh this, but while we’re talking on this subject, what was the official call for the robbo chest bump from the official?

yes i understand and agree, but i wonder what the actual reason was/is

1 Like

At least they are a better chance of beating United in the final. That’s the only good I can find.

Assuming Coventry don’t do the deed.

Sometimes the official statements from the refs are frustrating because they can make an argument that when taken in isolation you can see how they got there from the rules and their explanation of what they’re looking for…they are just completely dissonant from what they they did and said the week before and the week before that.

This time, there just isn’t a credible argument for why that isn’t a handball so instead all they will say is, without elaboration, that the ref didnt think it was a pen and as he had a clear view the VAR couldnt do anything about as if that makes any sense or is in anyway satisfying.

2 Likes

He gave a goal kick so he presumably didn’t see it clearly as he thought there was no contact. If he had awarded a corner then they could argue that he thought the contact didn’t constitute a penalty.

Yes, it doesnt have to make sense. For the Doku incident they argued simultaneously that Oliver didnt have a clear view, but correcting him would be rerefereeing the game so let the decision stand.

2 Likes

Dave Chappelle Gotcha GIF

Good video from Goldbridge re Oliver

5 Likes

Damn! 0-3 up at HT. City on a different level. They just don’t let up.

Sort of happens when you have one injury per season.

1 Like

Camera just caught Grealish getting ready to come on taking a big huff on his inhaler.

Hmmmmm
Surprised Alfre Woodard GIF by filmeditor

They might as well hand the trophy to MCFC115 in September for 2024/25 season :roll_eyes:
Its the same every flipping year. What’s the point, no wonder we are deflated and the other rivals just give up the last 5-6 games.

4 Likes

But the league isn’t fixed.

Honest.

1 Like

In a normal world, I would rather Arsenal win the Prem over Man City. I’m no Arsenal fan, but they are a proper team, and while they have pushed the boat out financially, it has been legitimate and within the rules. So in a normal world, I’d want them to win.

But… it’s not a normal world.

My hope is that this whole era will come to be seen as corrupt and tarnished, the asterisk years if you will. Another Man City Premier League title will be met with an indifferent shrug, as winning from cheating is no achievement at all.

1 Like

It feels dirty cheering on City to win it again but I can’t stand Arsenal fanbase.They are just too delusional for my liking and they have not won anything in years.

FA Cup 2020.
That’s in recent years, isn’t it?

Not going to lie I’ll be fucking devastated if Arsenal win the title. A team full of cunts managed by an absolute fucking prick. Throw in a shit fanbase and they really are pretty loathsome on every level.
I would absolutely resent them being able to openly celebrate a PL title win when the great man is leaving having been unable to celebrate his title win and being cheated out of 2/3 more, this season included btw.
I don’t give a shite what Abu Dhabi FC win, it’s all meaningless and will be exposed as such when they are eventually found guilty and regardless of what punishment they get.

4 Likes

I agree, but to be honest I am starting to believe that City will not be punished. They won’t even face “trial” for the charges. The whole sordid affair will drag through legal processes for so long that it won’t be worth fuck all by the time they are done.
Apologies for the despondency, but these cunts have all but ruined football.
I think Arteta is next City manager, more arrogance, more cheating…

Yeah, that’s pretty much on the cards isn’t it… Legoman is an excellent coach, but you can see from here what his next step will be. :see_no_evil:

As for the charges and an appropriate punishment, well…

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

1 Like