Manchester City* - cheating cunts

When does he coach players to be better? Buy a 40M player, give them a year, bin them and buy a 50M player. Rinse and repeat. New left back incoming before Monday which will take defensive spending to close to 450M. That’s on a back 4, but Pep’s a top class coach.

2 Likes

I thought it should have been a red also, but also think that had Sterling not been such a diving twat, he would have rightly received a penalty. But in the end I’m glad Sterling is Sterling.

2 Likes

Oh, I thought that was a comment on Chelsea and Lampard. My bad! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was hoping you wouldn’t ask that…

Yes.

1 Like

was piss poor from a team who have just lost the title

Bit rich to say the title was ‘just’ lost…

The league was ours by last Christmas.

3 Likes

Knob head didn’t look too happy💦

This time last year, I didn’t think he would be here this season. It is already the longest he has managed a single side.

2 Likes

Leeds’ match against Liverpool left me physically tired, the one against Man City not so much but it was still a quality game. Clever from Guardiola to try and blitz them, they could have been out of sight by half hour’s mark but credit to Leeds for making the most out of their profligacy - though Ederson saved Man City’s skins as well.

I didn’t know this Poveda kid, the commentator said that he was Man City’s youth product and that he’s twenty years old - did Man City really part ways with such a talent?

Anyway, if we count them as Norwich’s replacement, then Man City are a point up on last season, so…

7 Likes

His dealer wants to stay in Manchester.

Nobody wants to stay in Manchester

2 Likes

Man City team tonight was average.

I don’t men’s the way they played, they are just average players (except Sterling and KDB)

1 Like

Now, now. We don’t need to stoop to their level :wink:

David Silva is a big miss for City. Old or not he was still their second best midfielder behind De Bruyne. Just like Kompany the year before, they haven’t got an adequate replacement in the squad. They’ll have Fernandinho off next year and probably Aguero the year after, let’s hope they drag their feet over replacing those players too.

8 Likes

Fernandinho allowed them to get the upper hand in the last 15, Leeds may have won that without him.

4 Likes

Just posted on Virg’s thread about an player’s aura and influence. It also mentioned the Kompany had that, but now City does not have someone like that in their mix.

1 Like

I don’t know about aura but Ederson certainly can cause the odd severe headache…

1 Like

Here’s a sobering thought if anyone reading this is lurking Manchester club supporter. Your two teams started the weekend 13th and 14th and Red Manc fan anything other than an away win tomorrow at Spurs leaves the two teams at best in 12th and 13th. At that rate of progress by Christmas you’ll be the top two…

I’m thinking comfortably…eighth.

Over next 6 weeks or so City play ourselves, Arsenal, Spurs, Sheffield United and several CL games.

With exception of easy game against West Ham they have a difficult run of fixtures.

Could see them 10+ points behinds by the 1st of December

3 Likes

More or less tied for eighth, both poised for a Europa league qualification bid in the second half of the season