Marko GRUJIĆ: 2020/21 (on loan at Porto)

I’d have Keita over Grujic all day every day,not sure what people are seeing tbh.

5 Likes

Agree,Grujic has neither.

1 Like

I take it you didn’t watch our Carabao Cup games, then.

1 Like

His heading did remind me of Matip.

1 Like

Can we even register him?

Sure, but currently somebody needs to miss out I think. Still, got another couple of weeks to move a player or two on.

1 Like
3 Likes

Nice, at least a loan.

He’d never play realistically, so it’s better for him to keep active and there’s potentially more interest next time. Slightly new level for him, too. Danilo Pereira left Porto to join PSG on loan with option to buy, but they’re not the same type of player. Good luck to him anyway.

Good. Of all our non homegrown players he was most dispensable.

1 Like

Have high expectations on him… Hopefully he has a very good season and he will… Good luck!!

Feel a bit sorry for the lad, to be shipped out across Europe season after season. Then again, Porto isn’t a bad address at all. The Portuguese Championship isn’t on par with the Bundesliga, but Porto always play a role in the CL, which will be good to be involved in for Marko.

Looking forward to see how he does there. Maybe Sergio Conceiçao and the coaches there will help him to improve the tactical and technical aspect of his game and he’ll return a more complete player, fingers crossed.

I liked this lad. But I also know that he isn’t going to make it here. I hope he shines for Porto and that leads to a better and permanent deal with a good club.

With a possible Wijnaldum and Milner exit next season could be his chance.

1 Like

Have you watched him at Berlin??? How did he fare?

My gut feeling, cause I never watched him, is; he was no more than decent. If he was more than decent, surely he would have had a permanent deal already.

So now we are no longer in trouble when we play Thiago? I mean I have read a while back that when Thiago comes in we have too many foreigners?

Not quite. We just had more foreigners on the books than we can register.

Obvious had that remained the case you just don’t register Karius and Grujic, and you then can’t play them.

The concern was always that it weakens our hand a bit when it came to selling them.

It’s a possibility but I think parts of his game would have to dramatically improve or we would need better.

1 Like

Yes mate… I have watched him…These are the quoted from their coach… Just that they don’t have money at the moment…

“I’ve been at Hertha for 22 years,” said the 42-year-old at his press conference after the Frankfurt win. “This isn’t meant as an insult to anyone else, but Marko is by far the best midfielder I’ve seen in my time at the club.”

2 Likes

Grujic:

“Borussia was a realistic option. Lazaro and Embolo raved about their coach [Marco] Rose. It didn’t happen because they didn’t sell the currently injured Zakaria. I believe that I will one day work with Rose.”

1 Like

Grujic got himself in a bit of trouble yesterday by slating Adrian on Serbian twitter. He was in a discussion about fantasy football and someone mentioned Watkins ruining someone’s week. Grujic then responded that Watkins ruined Adrian’s liverpool career. It seems the tweets are gone now, but Ive seen screen shots and translations.

3 Likes