Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

I am incredibly surprised but pleased by this. Very similar vibes to Szobo last summer - a player constantly linked to big moves for several summers in a row so that when you are initially linked you ignore it.

I think this guy is going to be fucking great. Between him, Alexis and probably Gravenberch the base of our midfield is going to be looking very different than anything we’ve seen for a long time.

1 Like

If this lad signs, it might have just made TAA negotiating a new contract a tad more difficult - Trent is not likely to be needed in midfield anymore, and with young Bradley marauding up and down the wing more times over 90mins, than a brides nightie… makes for interesting watching for both the Scousers in our squad

https://x.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1821280099628675200?t=t2sEM5efJTmh0XnYlpK_1A&s=09

:thinking:

9 Likes

i wanted this player last summer, to think we might actually get him is pretty cool

Do not count your Zubimendis before Paul Joyce tweets.

~ Rab

5 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s even more difficult to see Trent in midfield under Slot if this moves go through and we buy the conventional wisdom on why we did it. I was also saying earlier in the summer that Jones seemed best suited long term to the role this lad is now being bought to play.

2 Likes

Looks legit… close the thread

1 Like

His head’s way too big for his body.

Pass.

4 Likes

Thank god. Time for that narrative to end and get him back focussing on being a right back.

2 Likes

@JacobsBen

: Sociedad will respect Zubimendi’s decision if he chooses to leave. Player has always been attached the club and rejected big moves in the past, including the chance to go to Arsenal.

@JacobsBen](x.com)
: Liverpool optimistic on signing Martin Zubimendi in a move spearheaded by sporting director Richard Hughes

1 Like

wow, waking up to this aussie time…brilliant.

very excited.

thats enough of football, surely the next 50 posts need to be some mad bantz about the quality of someones Korma.

10 Likes

Me getting my ingredients ready

9 Likes

Fuck. @Iftikhar already gets overexcited when he sees an aubergine…

6 Likes

Where’s the lean poll?

• On Klopp’s newly unveiled statue?
  • On the 2024/25 Premier League trophy?
  • On Salah’s hair clippings?
  • On the ashes of United’s Ineos dreams?
1 Like

He’ll be leaning against a massive bowl of @Alright_Now_Legend ’s legendary korma.

3 Likes

I only just realised @Alright_Now_Legend has got a favourite R.E.M song he likes to sing… Can just hear him belting it out now

:notes: …that’s me in the korma :notes:

:0)

6 Likes

That’s me in the spotlight… signing Zubimendi

3 Likes

get out

7 Likes

According to Wiki he’s gonna take the #14 shirt, well that’s me down to the official store in the morning to get my Zubimendi shirt printed.

Just hope I’m not left disappointed if I get there only to find out they’ve sold out.

2 Likes

Liverpool are confident of securing a deal for Martín Zubimendi and hope the midfielder will now push for a move to Anfield from Real Sociedad.
@_pauljoyce](x.com)

]

2 Likes