Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

In before Nikola comes in.

Detailed description and links to follow.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1821150899445608871?t=OJVpLoyT-N_Y6Jug8dxJ-A&s=19

7 Likes

Hmm… can’t think of any other brilliant midfielders who came from Sociedad.

9 Likes

Would he suit us ?

Will be brilliant signing. Some might feel he is light weight but he is clever to compensate for that. Has that killer pass in him. Technically sound as most spanish league players are.

1 Like

Very excited about this one. He is such a good player. A Zubi, Macca, Dom/Elliott/Grav midfield is mouthwatering. Worried a bit about Jones. I think he’ll still get plenty of minutes, but not sure where he’ll be in the pecking order.

1 Like

Think Graven will be sent on loan or sold along with Carvalho. I also don’t think we will stop with one signing. Fabrizio just mentioned he has a 60 million Euro release clause in his contract.

https://x.com/David_Ornstein/status/1821153702637433031?t=8AdZ8lVnRoIQZI5b5l4XSA&s=19

1 Like

Very tasty indeed. I hope we complete the deal quickly.

Szobo/Elliott

Ahead of

Mac Allister/Jones Zubimendi/Gravenberch

In a 2-1 triangle looks excellent.

Bajcetic probably needs a good loan move to then come storming back into the fray at Liverpool, as he has missed a lot of football.

Some of our other kids will be loaned or sold.

Endo will probably be sold too, and we already turned down one offer.

Bring it on. Slot is not messing around.

1 Like

I think Grav will have a big season. He’s been playing well this preseason and think Slot rates him. I can’t see him being loaned out. But what the hell do I know?

2 Likes

Less considering, more buying…

1 Like

@_pauljoyce

: Zubimendi has the same agent, Inaki Ibáñez, as Xabi Alonso and Andoni Iraola, and he is well known to the Liverpool sporting director, Richard Hughes.

i suspect conversations have been had then

4 Likes

I’d keep Endo in for this season , we’ve got horrid luck with injuries and Endo offers a reliable presence even if he’s not as able with the ball.

Send Bajcetic on Loan.

Keep Carvalho as well. The price we are being touted for is way too less. He’s a 30-40m player.

2 Likes

Anyone seen him for 10 games?

Anyway: Zoo-bee-men-dee

Have I at least got that bit right?

Liverpool are on it [Zubimendi deal] contacts took place. Not an easy deal because he has a €60m release clause but he’s the top target.

@FabrizioRomano

-Jones needs to improve and improve fast if he doesn’t want to be left on the sides.

His decision making needs to be much better. Too much time spent on the ball when recieving it.

-Gravenberch has a break or make season this coming year. No doubting his potential , but he needs to show he’s better than what he’s shown so far. Flashes or glimpses don’t do it.

-Elliot needs to show further improvement.

-Dom needs a kick up his backside too. He’s started off well last season and he’s been average since.

2 Likes

Shouldnt need to convince anyone to come to LFC.

2 Likes

if you see it’s breaking at the same time from 3 reputed journos. Information Must be from the club and the deal should conclude very soon in my opinion as we don’t let teasers out

1 Like

The information generally only breaks (under Edwards) when we’ve got the deal nearly at the finishing line.

There have been exceptions when Southampton got offended when we went in for VVD but most business has been done under the radar.

Which doesn’t make for a good transfer rumours section at the forum , but it’s better for the club.

4 Likes

like someone said earlier players that grew up there are loyal to that basque region, its not about size of club etc .even “orney” said martin had turned down a number of clubs

3 Likes