Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

Like i said earlier… we live in hope, fingers crossed. I do believe conversations have been had.

He can go back to them after he’s won a few PLs and CLs with us.

If this goes through we are looking hot! Have we ever had better depth in midfield and attack?

1 Like

Your “bee” and “dee” are too long. They’re more like “bit” without the final t, and “dig” without the g.

And z is pronounced more like an s in Basque.

I know this because I used to live in Biarritz, in French Basque Country.

5 Likes

We have depth. It’s about the quality now.

Anyone coming in should be in the XI.

I genuinely thought he might be someone Liverpool (have) consider(ed) once I saw how he played in that final. Rodrigo is the best there is in DM role and his absence was barely felt when Zubimendi replaced him. That said, I didn’t know he would seemingly be the first option for that role. If he’s that good, I hope he signs for Liverpool. We need such a player and we’ve needed him for quite a while.

4 Likes

Waits for someone to pipe up that there is no such thing as the starting eleven and that it’s a squad game these days…

6 Likes

If we are switching to a 4-2-3-1, then I would keep him, but if Slot decides to stick with the 4-3-3 I thin he will struggle to find a spot. If that is the case, I would look to find him a loan to a P/L club that covers his wages and will guarantee him first team football. Let’s see how good he actually is against P/L opponants.

Just not at our own expense

A piece from the Athletic on him.

2 Likes

The worst place in the entire world to find a place to park.

2 Likes

His stats are a little underwhelming for me versus others I’d have wanted in preference:

But honestly it’s just nice to see us doing something in the transfer market lol

1 Like

Going there on holiday next week!

(Important contribution to the Zubi thread)

2 Likes

Now on the BBC …

1 Like

Don’t know much about him, having not seen the minimum required 10 games before you can form an opinion - but from what I’ve read/seen, he’s decent.

Back up to Rodri at the Euros, so didn’t play much, which means he should be fit - and he did play in the final. I don’t remember much being said about Rodri being amazing when he joined City, in fact he was pretty avg at first.

Happy.

You’re only an hour from San Sebastian (where he plays now). Great little city , well worth a visit.

5 Likes

Chelsea probably still needs a DM.

4 Likes

They’ve got Caicedo, Enzo and Lavia, I think they’re sorted lol

1 Like

Howling! I know. Just having some fun. I can’t stand the boring posts from @jabu and @Sithbare and @cynicaloldgit.

7 Likes

So basically I fucked up the whole thing. Well, I got the “men” right.

Sue-bi-men-di

I shall console myself by listening to an American pronounce “van Gogh”.

2 Likes

Cheap shot directed directly at @RedYank

3 Likes

That’s pretty much it, although the “Sue” shouldn’t be too long.

1 Like