Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

Howling! Your first witty post year to date.

Disgusting!!!

1 Like

13 Likes

Sounds like they might be getting their excuses in early.

1 Like

Don’t know anything about him. But I did know how to pronounce his name, which, I guess, makes me an expert on this thread.

7 Likes

One thing I find interesting is that people are struggling to pronounce his surname, yet I don’t remember the same issues with Szoboszlai’s!

Anyway, does anyone know if that news outlet that is local to San Sebastian can be considered reliable? It seems that Sociedad have already lost some key players, is it normal for them to lose another one so soon, even for massive profit?

1 Like

Selective memory is a gift, I envy you

6 Likes

There’s nothing RS can do if the player’s release clause is met except maybe beg the player to stay alongside the promise of a whopping pay rise and guaranteed CL football.

NEW: Liverpool are on it for Zubimendi, they are prepared to go BIG on club side and player side, optimistic on club side and going very big on player side with the directors. [
@FabrizioRomano

1 Like

Fabrizio and a non update, name a more iconic duo.

8 Likes

It’s just so he can quote tweet it later with his emojis and his catch phrase;

Here we go :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :hourglass_flowing_sand: :page_facing_up: :fountain_pen:

2 Likes

another one lol
“Trust me it’s not just Zubimendi [If it happens] for Liverpool, they are looking at other positions, Liverpool will be BUSY in August.” [
@FabrizioRomano

]

1 Like

Local news source, don’t know how reliable, relaying the same info. We’re serious and he’s thinking about it

yeah, this guy been posting on X on the deal

Summary of the article stolen from reddit:

because we haven’t signed anyone, we’re flush with cash - we’ve indicated that there’s no problem paying the release clause in full. barca and arsenal both tried to negotiate payments, which la real does not want to do
it seems that we communicated that we will pay it. so the ball’s completely in zubimendi’s court as to how he wants to proceed
we’ve offered to at least double his wages
la real’s management has met with zubimendi’s agent numerous times in the last few weeks. ricalde says could that be a sign that this has been in the works for a while
la real was more worried about losing zubimendi than any other player, and the loss of robin le normand (and maybe merino soon) has left them concerned that zubimendi might be next
“everything seems to indicate that, unless the player changes his mind, [LFC’s] offensive could be successful” definitely sounds like he’s leaning towards saying “yes”

3 Likes

177 posts and nothing yet. Nikola would have sold him to Sparta within 150 posts.

4 Likes

I’m half wondering if a loan move there for Bajcetic might help grease the wheels? Might be irrelevant as if the clause is met and the player wants to come, presumably that’s that.

But you would have to think we would have 7 midfielders for 3 positions:

Mac Allister
Zubimendi
Szoboszlai

Jones
Gravenberch
Elliott

Bajcetic

At that point I’m assuming Endo and Morton will be sold, and Clark might be too.

We all have great hopes for Bajcetic, and he might even go to the top of the class as he looked like a very good player indeed when he started to break through. But then injury hit, and he missed a lot of football that would have been crucial for his development.

He now needs to play, so perhaps the right loan move is the best step for him? And arguably he could help fill a Zubimendi-shaped hole for a year, and then come back into the fray at Liverpool?

1 Like

@Alright_Now_Legend and korma.