Michael Edwards

Some of the medical staff left in 2016. The team was overhauled not all that long ago and lo and behold, we’ve had leaked teams again. Only my opinion but having connected the two I have strong suspicions. @Kopstar will probably have a deeper insight, though.

3 Likes

I actually don’t know about the leaked team sheets. I’ve seen plenty of speculation though referencing physios, players, former players and, of course, it might not be just one individual and those who have leaked the team may have stopped with others now doing so. It doesn’t happen that often though.

With regard to the briefings from within the club then that also wasn’t just one individual but it’s no coincidence that they fell off drastically when Rodgers and his team left.

Also, just to add, when the Van Dijk fuck up happened, Edwards made a fairly bold powerplay and he got given a lot more control of the entire process. He had already cut down on what got into the public domain but this then went to near silence from that point on.

6 Likes

Teams have been leaked since Kenny’s second stint as manager. Possibly even before that. I just wasn’t looking out for it then. I don’t think there is any grand conspiracy about it. As long as there is money to be made from knowing the team in advance then people with access to it will be tempted.

As for the briefings within the camp about transfers etc during BR’s reign, they were certainly coming from the manager himself. He had a circle of friendly journos. One of the more depressing aspects of his time as manager was how much shit-stirring he was instigating in the media.

3 Likes

Please fucking not… Working for Perez that cunt? Come on Micky…

Football pyramid, nothing else.

If he wants a new challenge, then who can blame him for accepting the chance at the world’s biggest club.

1 Like

blink-182 wtf GIF

He’s there already…

7 Likes

Time to warm up the banhammer, @Mascot

4 Likes

Send him photos of coutinho now.

Caption. This could happen to you.

Where is the job satisfaction in working for a club that can and does buy whomever they want? At liverpool his work is appreciated and he gets fair credit for what we achieve. At Real, even if they win everything he will never get an ounce of credit or even respect from the fans.

7 Likes

I kind of expect him to go to America for some reason.

Everyone can speak for themselves in that position, but I can fully understand it. New challenge (even if it’s Real, City, PSG, whatever), new life opportunities, most probably also money (and possibly wouldn’t make him stay here in the whole calculation). There are levels, it’s Real Madrid at the end of the day, sometimes you don’t need no further explanation. Perhaps he does want to operate with a higher net spend, be part of a serial winners club. Perhaps it’s not all down to respect from fans, but he simply finds trying himself/helping out a club like that appealing. I mean, we are not Sevilla, but we are also not Real. And no, they can’t buy anyone they want at the moment. How it works over there with their structure in place is again a totally different topic, his role might be different, etc. I really see nothing weird in football people wanting to go to Reals or Real of this world, as the tip of the iceberg, but then the different question is of course is that the best move for them, etc.

2 Likes

I expect the first thing he would do is sign Mbappe for free, genius.

2 Likes

That one is probably done for a while now.

:joy:

And then send him straight out on loan to a previous club as his parting gift

2 Likes

Obviously going there to finish Barca off…merciless.

Inspector Gadget Cartoon GIF

1 Like

From his perspective I guess it’s good that he’s been recognised for the work he’s done here.

To be fair rather him go somewhere that I doubt it will make much of a difference instead of somewhere he could improve some team massively.

2 Likes

Maybe Real Madrid want him to help them get good players for a good/low price? They will always have the money to go for the obvious superstar type, but they need more than that these days.

From Mickey’s perspective I’m sure the money is good, and the weather and city agreeable.

Good luck to him whatever he does. Can’t stand Real Madrid, but if he is going there at least it isn’t somewhere in the Prem.

1 Like

Agreed. While evading the Hazard type signings. Strengthening the backroom can add significant value to Real Madrid.

maybe he’s leaving footy altogether. or maybe he’s going to a continental club like one of the Milan’s or Ajax or…

1 Like