Michael Edwards

Thanks Ifti for your vote of confidence.

1 Like

In all fairness , that was during his beginning years.

Also , it seems to me that Edwards will still call the shots , it’s just putting one layer in between to do the leg work etc etc.

The Wizard arrives precisely when he means to.

Buck always stops with the man ultimately in charge. When Edwards to SD, he would have had to go Gordon (as CEO) for approvals (who would have gone up to board level as required). Now Hughes will come to Edwards (as he’s stepping in to Gordon’s shoes).

I trust and admire you :blush:

Just Alonso to confirm now. That can happen when they win the Bundesliga.

I suspect the news will have broken before the Europa final, IF it should happen that we face Leverkusen.

It’s so unfair to beat someone with the Ibe stick. He could have been a Solanke-level player if he didn’t had that personal disaster.

3 Likes

That’s a mistake.

So, it’s confirmed? It’s great to see that fsg have a plan looking forward. However, I hold Gordon in the highest regard , so to see him leave again is disappointing. But Edwards has proven his know-how, so we’ll most probably be in good hands.

1 Like

So the exact opposite is obviously true.

Salah and Firmino are the signings made on the recommendations of the transfer committee (out of which Edwards played a crucial role if not the main role)

It’ll be interesting to see which of the other players signed during Klopp’s times were the recommendations of the transfer committee and which were on the wishlist of Klopp. Particularly the midfielders. Transfers for VVD and Alisson were no brainers where both the transfer committee and Klopp basically agreed. But the other transfers , how many were pushed forward by Edwards & Co ?

Richard Hughes appointed the current Bournemouth manager Iraola who’s agent Inaki Ibanez is also the agent of Xabi Alonso.

1 Like

Testify Sith! Alonso is coming.

1 Like

Mad Max GIF

1 Like

Cynical is a kind of pantomime villain who enjoys telling people off for incorrect apostrophe usage and other perceived affronts to good taste and decency.
Deep down he’s just an old softie who loves cuddles and fluffy animals.

2 Likes

…and he once watched a film with Kevin Bacon in it.

3 Likes

Therefore not a vegetarian.

Haha @cynicaloldgit

2 Likes

There was no such thing as transfer committee signing vs Klopp signing. That dichotomy was the product of the insidious machinations of Brendan Rogers and died as son as he left…

You miserable old git! :unamused:
You and your flipping google!
Just asking a general idea of what he might be like!

4 Likes