Michael Edwards

There are big chances that next summer, Bayer’s first team will be dismantled by big clubs. Given that Xabi has overachieved on all possible records there, it’s highly likely that he’ll want to be part of that clear-out and leave too as long as his stake is high. As you say, timing is everything.

I’m maybe biased, but we must have good chances of capturing him, going by everything he has said about LFC in the past.

To stay on topic, we have now a settled upstairs structure, with outstanding personnel, and that is surely important for a good, ambitious, yet young manager like Xabi.

5 Likes

e.g. Manager in Saudi Arabia.

I don’t care whether Pep is good enough or not because at this point of time I am still reeling from the shock of the club going back on their word and causing me alot of embarrassment after the announcement earlier this year

2 Likes

if we cant get Xabi, has anyone thought maybe a guy from within?

Pep Ljinders could be one from left field…anyone got any thoughts on him?

1 Like

Already confirmed he’ll be leaving the club.

He did mentioned something like “maybe we meet again in the future”.

But he won’t be an option.

Ruben Amorim is currently second favourite.

4 Likes

Xabi, by a country mile.

In a world where that doesn’t happen, I’m not sure. Probably Nagelsmann. So long as he comes in with his head down to work hard, and not be showy.

Part of me wonders if his reputation is a bit damaged because, as a young man, he took the Bayern Munich job, and he ran into old German footballing authority, old money, a bit of an old boys network, in its own way (that’s the sort of vibe I get from Bayern Munich, from afar, illustrious players all around the place, recent former, and long ago former, and senior pros running the dressing room too… so a young pup like Nagelsmann probably got slapped down a bit, and probably didn’t help himself either).

Anyhow, if I could squint a bit, and live in a world where the Bayern Munich breakdown wasn’t really Nagelsmann’s fault, I think he is a young manager who still has big club jobs in his future.
Mind you, I wouldn’t take that skateboard onto Stanley Park, or a Bully XL will sort that out :joy:

All this is to say, Alonso, all day long, and I think it will be him.

But if forced to look beyond him, Nagelsmann might come into the reckoning for me.

1 Like

I’m sorry that everyone missed what you were doing. :joy:

5 Likes

He’s growing on me, and not in a fungal way. I forget who the person is (Liverpool connected journalist), he makes a few very, very compelling arguments with him over Xabi. The main one that stuck with me is “What happens when RM come calling in a couple of years”.

2 Likes

Sign Amorim.

2 Likes

I’m glad it went nowhere.

1 Like

I think @Bekloppt has fairly strong opinions

Edit: I see he is in recovery and wants to move on

My strong opinion is that supporters shouldn’t slag off those who are working hard to being success to our beloved club.
It’s not complicated.

4 Likes

i actually love this place…

Who’s to say that Amorim wouldn’t be equally susceptible to the allure of Real Madrid?

1 Like

The club will have to solve that then and not think about what ifs

1 Like

Then we employ Pep Lijnders, who, in the meantime, has won back to back Bundesliga titles and the CL with Freiburg.

Just Kidding Joke GIF by The Prepared Performer

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LewisSteele_/status/1769403064832639135

1 Like

He’s doing that strange turn pose again :joy:

john travolta happy dance GIF

1 Like