Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

I have been reading that he moved to El Gouna what is basically a luxury resort, guess there is all the equipment to stay fit.

He will be tested again in 4 days.

For what it is worth.

4 Likes

Is the El Gouna resort owned by Arsenal FC??

6 Likes

There must be a joke in your response but I donā€™t get it. :smiley:

1 Like

Forget it, the momentā€™s gone

2 Likes

How are you not Gouna get that pun @Dutch.

6 Likes

I got it, eventually :innocent:

2 Likes

I still donā€™t :smiley:

1 Like

If the Egyptian Government are starting to take this Covid seriouslyā€¦ What better poster boy to get their message across to their peopleā€¦ Who pays the doctors wages that did the testā€¦!
Just a thought is allā€¦
Probably brought about by me watching too many duplicitous episodes of Homelandā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

El Gouna like El Gunner :wink:

2 Likes

They are also referred to as ā€˜the Goonersā€™. Jeez

2 Likes

If it saves a life then fuck it, why not, Iā€™m in.

Itā€™s only football heā€™s missing.

3 Likes

Very good pointā€¦ and I would have to agreeā€¦!
Will be interesting to see if he comes back and ready to playā€¦

2 Likes

The chances of us getting one penalty are pretty remote never mind 3!

5 Likes

Arsenal are called the gooners so Gouna gooner

4 Likes
3 Likes

He was thinking about retiring from the national team before (because of the incident in Chechnya during the World Cup).

I believe he deserves a fine from the Egypt FA but they are probably afraid to upset him.

2 Likes

He could have caught it anywhere from Liverpool to his brotherā€™s wedding in Egypt. Itā€™s impossible to know when he contracted it and where, even though attending his brotherā€™s wedding and consorting with hundreds of guests wasnā€™t the brightest of ideas.

It really was irresponsible of him but unless it can be proven that he got it there he shouldnā€™t be fined.

4 Likes

Itā€™s difficult. His brothers wedding is once in a life time and pictures earlier in the ceremony show him wearing his mask and keeping distance. Unfortunately obviously as the event went on and more and more contact happened it clearly was pointless to continue trying.

He will be fully aware that things will have gone wrong and that he carries responsibility towards that. It was naive to believe he wouldnā€™t be mobbed in such situations but letā€™s face it even if heā€™d known the situation he was going into, who would have not gone? Maybe the wedding shouldnā€™t have gone ahead at such time but it was and I donā€™t think anyone would willingly miss it. Family should always be right near the top of the priority list.

And with the amount of positive tests in our squad there is every chance he could have caught it even if he had sacrificed attending his brothers wedding.

5 Likes

he is not the only one of the national team that tested positive though?

2 Likes

Shit happens and I donā€™t think thereā€™s really any real gain in punishing Mo. Itā€™s punishment enough I imagine that firstly someone shared a video from the wedding so heā€™s been berated on social media, and secondly, not being able to play will be more frustrating for the champ, than receiving a fine.

At the end of the day, someone that is extra cautious can still end up with the virus, whilst the people that donā€™t give a fk at all are probably avoiding it through sheer luck. Salah could have caught it anywhere.

Heā€™ll be back when heā€™s back, heā€™s avoided playing a couple of games for Egypt, which I am happy to take for non-attendance for one PL game.

5 Likes