Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

There are false negatives too with the tests. Get him another two tests and skip match against Atalanta.

According to Klopp he was going to train today and be tested again before the Brighton game?

1 Like

He said the Atlanta Game I believe.

2 Likes

Looks like he just trained with the rest of the group yesterday

3 Likes

Mo, please stop with those back passes in our half, you’re only creating chanes for the opponent. Or passes in general. Or even coming back to our half. Stay up top and do your thing.

3 Likes

His thing?

1 Like

Went to two super spreader events during international break. ‘Earned’ himself a 17 day break between the games while his teammates worked their socks off to get the best performance of the season.

Nothing to see from the well rested superstar Salah yesterday. He was the second worst player on the pitch.

Plan was probably to take off Sadio early but the manager didn’t feel like Salah could do something out of nowhere yesterday. So, poor Sadio played the full 90 again yesterday.

2 Likes

Salah didn’t look right from the kickoff, he probably wasn’t ready for this game. Also, it’s not his fault that “poor” Sadio had to play the full 90; Klopp could have subbed him for Minamino whenever he felt the need to do so.

It was an awful game by everyone involved.

5 Likes

So it’s Salahs fault that he was rubbish and not match sharp after coming back from not playing for awhile but it was also his fault that Mane was rubbish and had an uncharacteristic bad game? This will inexplicably happen to us sometimes this season we best get used to it. No crowds to gee us up, emotional pressures never previously encountered, bizarre imposed periods of reduced activity when keeping fitness up is essential for performance and a compressed, challenging, fixture list. We will just sometimes look shit.

3 Likes

[quote=“RedArmada, post:372, topic:109, full:true”]
Sadio had to play the full 90; Klopp could have subbed him for Minamino whenever he felt the need to do so. [/quote]

Not really because Klopp said at the weekend that he tries to save the final substitution possibility to be able to react to injuries.

I believe Sadio will be on bench on Saturday.

1 Like

Which is probably why he was the one not to get a rest last night.

2 Likes

It was crap all over the park, only Milner really redeemed himself and Becker who couldn’t do much with the goals.

1 Like

Yes most of them took the day of or can not play better like Neco Williams. It happens, as I said before the match, we can afford to drop some points, silly me did not realize that players read this forum. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

One went under him he had his hand no more than an inch away, I reckon he would be kicking himself for that one.

Other than that we surrendered the midfield and our attackers were far too far away so very difficult for them to do much when they got the long pass. We need to sort out how we play when we set up deep 3 forwards just isn’t necessary a 4141 or 4411 would seem a better approach, like that the players are more concious of there responsibilities. Also why press when setting a deep line? (when the midfield press they run up the pitch 5 to 10 meters before being effective plenty of time for half decent players to find the space left behind).

1 Like

I think it’s one of those the slow mo doesn’t help him, it happens so quickly, you get in the way and it bounces off you, you are praised for an amazing save but all it is is instinct. I think he offered some dicey get outs with the quality of his feet.

1 Like

He was shit, so was Mane. Stop defending the indefensible.

If Origi had gone some of the passes from midfield directly to their front line he’d be strung up even worse than he has for his lack of effort.

1 Like

" it’s Salahs fault that he was rubbish and not match sharp"???

All I disagreed with was that he was to blame for Mane playing bad.

2 Likes

Amazing performance, shame there are no YT compilations for such.

:joy:

Sorry but Mane was as bad, the two best forwards were Firmino and Jota and the former was because he was calm enough to remove the ball from a dangerous position and turn it into an attack.

3 Likes

Pretty poor but the chance he created for Bobby was pretty nifty and that should have been put away.