Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

Just for context the first 6 home games and 2 goals where at Chelsea.

1 Like

I hope the talk about us flogging him has/will settle down now. The guy is quality, and even as he approaches 30 I think he’ll be fine, his game isn’t all about electric pace, he’s strong as an ox (stronger than Ox, actually :slight_smile: ) and his close control and eye for goal is outstanding.

I actually wonder if as he gets older we might see him more often at CF than cutting in from out wide.

1 Like

ARD - you don’t have to restart this debate every time Salah has a good game.

Plenty of us think Mane was better than him last season. That’s not going to change now. Move on.

4 Likes

You’ve completely misunderstood me then. It’s not about which one is better it’s why so much recognition for Mane (the more rounded but less goal contributions) yet nothing for Salah? Players in other teams that are far less effective than Salah get more recognition and praise. It’s not like Mane can’t be on the shortlist for player of the year or make teams of the year just because Salah does. One doesn’t need to lose out for the other. Both are wonderful, world class players. One gets that recognition the other only gets it, briefly, when he hands down stomps all over the record books. Any other season he’s ignored.

He was still on vacation during the pre-season games, he clearly was not interested in these matches and yes I have seen them all on LFCTV go. That was why I made the extended vacation comment. Get it?

1 Like

Was noticable that he was left 1 v 1 a lot, I posted in the post game thread this could have been deliberate to stifle Trent at right back.

If more teams do this he’ll socre 40+ goals.

3 Likes

Going to enjoy every minute he’s with us. Special special talent.

2 Likes

He could do so much better if he wasn`t so selfish :laughing:

It is what I said a while back when everyone started talking about us getting figured out. There are only so many avenues you can shut down. We turned to our FBs to become such important parts of our attack in part because of the narrow and compact way teams defended against our front 3. You cannot BOTH put pressure and the FBs to stop them putting in dangerous balls AND pack the middle to limit the space of the front three. Something has to give somewhere, and one of our strengths is we are supremely well balanced to take whatever a side wants to give us.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Isn’t it crazy how reputations come about? He shits all over most of the league when it comes to assists and key passes. He might not pass as much as our other forwards but he makes it count more when he does. I think only Trent has as many assists for us.

2 Likes

There’s a tweet from sky sports where Gary Neville talks nicely about Mo.
Apart from the sly dig about his selfishness and his team mates not liking him.

1 Like

Salah Is 5th

Beast, nuff said

:rofl:

6 Likes
8 Likes

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Any truth to the rumors regards Salah’s positive COVID test?

He was pictured in Birmingham last night, having travelled with the rest of the team.

2 Likes