Mohamed SALAH: 2020/21

Laat night? What will they do all day in Birmingham?:sunglasses:

Look out at the rain.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like Klopp to try with Minamino instead of Firmino and Salah and Mane either side of him but I wonder if weā€™ll get to see Jota starting on the left, Mane returning to the right (Heaven knows Alexander-Arnold and that right flank in general need protection) and Salah starting as centre forward, or at least as the most advanced of the three. I donā€™t think he has as much impact from the flank because teams tend do double and triple up on him when he has the ball, they often push him to Liverpoolā€™s half and make him play with his back to goal but his finishing looked as instinctive as ever, so maybe thereā€™s a case for him to be a bit less involved in the build-up, focus on getting in behind centre backs and getting more shots away.

I think heā€™s already involved less in the build up, probably less than all other players. We can play without a false 9, but then we do lose a lot in that linking part. Even though I agree the world doesnā€™t start/end with offensive full backs and a false 9, it would be a big change for how we play. I probably wouldnā€™t move Salah up top in a 4-3-3, leave him where he is. Move him up top if thereā€™s a linking players behind/alongside him in a 4-2-3-1.

1 Like

Minamino? I prefer an off form Firmino to that solution.
Salah is already our most avanced forward so nothing going to change there.
Against AV we created, just didnā€™t finish, then our heads fell. If we are going by the AW game we need to sort out our defensive cover which means we need anoyher ManĆ© when ManĆ© is out. Jota might learn but itā€™s early days yet for him.

4 Likes

He still can not pass to save his life, Salah out! :wink:

2 Likes

Well done Mo :heart:

Salah pulled up to a petrol station in his Bentley near Anfield when he saw a group of yobs taunting a homeless man.

The Egyptian stepped in and gave the gang a ticking off, telling them that they should be careful as they could end up in the same situation.

After scaring the group off, he went to the cash machine to withdraw Ā£100 for the man.

David Craig has been homeless for six years and has hailed Salah as a ā€œreal-life heroā€.

9 Likes

Great story, but I suspect the club will be fucking furious at him for putting himself in that situation.

3 Likes

That was courageous in the best sense of the word. Lovely. :+1:t2:

(It should be noted that this story isnā€™t yet in the Liverpool Echo for instance, so maybe we have to take this with a grain of salt?)

Donā€™t Phuck with the Pharaoh.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s CCTV of it happening (after the Arsenal game on 28 September apparently). The whole thing loses its lustre though when you find out that the homeless guy Salah helped gave his story to the s*n.

As commendable as Salahā€™s actions are, Mascotā€™s right, Salah was putting himself in unnecessary danger and, of course, exposing himself to catching coronavirus (heā€™s not wearing a mask in the images, nobody is).

3 Likes

The entire squad is going to get covid at this rateā€¦

Thereā€™s a media driven narrative that Salah is selfish and for some reason it gets repeated by Liverpool fans because it gets highlighted every single time he is able to make a pass but doesnā€™t yet he has the most key passes and assists out of our forwards. Media doing itā€™s best to tarnish the achievements of a real world class player and so many Liverpool fans getting suckered in and agreeing just because they hear it so often and see it written so many times.

9 Likes

No need to get upset about that. If the opposition believes the narrative all the better and the LFC fans are just helping the cause. In any case Salah can onlypass when it comes to getting an assits, Selfish egoist that he is. :smiley:

1 Like

I think all forwards are selfish to a certain extent. Itā€™s something to do with their instincts.

As for Salah, he has enough assists, key-passes, etc. to take him off the selfish selfish list.

2 Likes

Just plain simple Selfish. :wink: :smiley:

Most players are selfish,imagine asking Rooney for some of his food.

4 Likes

Had Vardyā€™s missus been in touch?

1 Like

Fixed it for you

4 Likes